Chairlift Identification Help - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Great pics. Fist time I skied, at 5years old, was at Split Rock. And of course I'm always curious about double lift towers, being an active Bromley skier.

2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Great pics. Fist time I skied, at 5years old, was at Split Rock. And of course I'm always curious about double lift towers, being an active Bromley skier.
    JF/BB has several more of them. I suppose they were a solution to adding more uphill capacity in the 80s before high speed lifts and larger 6 person chairs became a thing? They all seem to have been manufactured by Borvig, at least the JF/BB ones...

Anyway, here's another mystery for everyone. I had visited the former Blue Marsh/Heidelberg Ski Club some time ago. I know there was a double chair installed there servicing a beginners area, but I can't find any info on this lift, at all. Not on the skilifts list, nowhere, and there's very little left at the ski area today. I have a newsclipping from when the area closed that has a tower in the background, and a few shots of the tower footings, but thats' about it.

The earliest it could have been installed was the late 60s, although I don't think it was added until the early 70s, but not sure.
    Last edited by Rowsdower; Mar 29, 2020 at 1:03 PM.
    Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    That's bizarre. So they installed a double-double frame for the bottom terminal, but added a single tower pylon, so they can't actually use that other side of the terminal unless they replace that pylon?

I definitely want to get to Hahn Mtn, however its private land and the owners live at the bottom next to the lodge. Now is definitely not a good time to go around knocking on strangers' doors and asking to wander around their property! But I would like to get up there at some point if I find a way to get in touch with the owners.

From what I understand Fernwood is still in operation as a tubing hill. There's a whole bunch of areas up around NE PA that I have on my list. It will take some time to get through them all, but I'll definitely check it out if I'm nearby.
    I remember the chairlift at Hahn quitting all the time . Story goes the owner was on it by himself with no one around and it quit , he tried to climb down on the cable to a tower and fell. I don't know any more details about where the lift ended up It really was a POS . The towers looked similar to split rocks.

Fernwood had a chairlift but with only 100' vert not sure what happened to it .

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    I remember the chairlift at Hahn quitting all the time . Story goes the owner was on it by himself with no one around and it quit , he tried to climb down on the cable to a tower and fell. I don't know any more details about where the lift ended up It really was a POS . The towers looked similar to split rocks.

Fernwood had a chairlift but with only 100' vert not sure what happened to it .
    Pretty sure Hahn had a Hall double installed in the early 70s. Tons of pics here: http://jeff-z.com/hahn/pics/pics.html

They also had a t-bar. Not sure who the manufacturer was on that.

I've heard the same story re. the last owner falling off the lift. Although there are some... variations to the story lol. I imagine it didn't get regular maintenance towards the end.
    Dude.

Pretty sure Hahn had a Hall double installed in the early 70s. Tons of pics here: http://jeff-z.com/hahn/pics/pics.html

I've heard the same story re. the last owner falling off the lift. Although there are some... variations to the story lol. I imagine it didn't get regular maintenance towards the end.
    I have a retired friend that worked as a Patroller there when it was Big Valley . Maybe he can answer questions that you might have .

Looking at those pictures that is a Hall branded T-Bar. Mt. Whittier in West Ossipee, NH had a couple of those Hall T-Bars. I skied there as a teenager as my Dad was an instructor, so I got a free pass.

That's bizarre. So they installed a double-double frame for the bottom terminal, but added a single tower pylon, so they can't actually use that other side of the terminal unless they replace that pylon?
    I always figured they were going to eventually replace Ol' Pete, an old Hall used when it gets busy on Weekends and holidays, with another lift on the other side. I guess if they did they would need to get 1 single tower for the other side too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using AlpineZone mobile app
    2019/2020 Season:

Belleayre: 11/29
    Bromley: 2/29, 3/1
    Mountain Creek: 11/16, 11/23, 12/1, 12/14, 12/20, 1/5, 1/15, 1/17, 1/21, 1/24, 1/25, 1/29, 1/30, 1/31, 2/2, 2/8, 2/10, 2/16, 2/21, 2/23, 2/28, 3/3, 3/5, 3/15
    Mt Peter: 12/8, 12/26, 1/19, 2/1, 2/9, 2/15, 2/22, 3/8, 3/9, 3/12

Bromley

I believe you can see Hahn from the pinnacle and pulpit trail along the AT if you are looking for some good shots from afar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who wants to take a crack at where this Borvig double used to reside?

Dude.

Who wants to take a crack at where this Borvig double used to reside?

Vineland times...Vineland nj...ski mountain in pine hill or holly mountain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information