• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Montjoye - 2/26/2007

skijay

Resort: Montjoye – North Hatley, Quebec, CA
Date Skied: 02/26/07 9:00 am to 12:15pm
Conditions: Bright blue sky, temp around 9 degrees to start and then up to 28, packed powder
Trip Report: I have skied here many times but only at night time. I have to say this place rocks! It is a smaller ski area, at about 600’ VD but it skis bigger than it is. I compare it to Ski Sundown and Suicide Six.

My first run down was to the far right as you got off the quad. I could not help to notice the gladed areas to ski in. There was a decent pitch and many paths that would exit back in to the ski trail. I estimate the natural snow to be about 3 feet.

My next run was down a bump run that ran on the side of the T-Bar lift. There was a sign stating “icy patches”. I think that got lost in translation and should have said, “Packed powder & soft bumps”. There were no icy patches. As the morning went on and the temps went up, the bumps softened even more.

I have to say that the conditions here were much better than at Orford. I just wish it was a little bit bigger. Montjoye has two terrain parks, a quad lift, a T-bar (used on weekends) and a handle tow that is for there learning area. I took some pictures today.

I took a few pictures.

The terrain park:
montj022607a.jpg

Riding the quad:
montj022607b.jpg

Gladed area:
montj022607c.jpg

Gladed area:
montj022607d.jpg

The T-bar & bump trail:
montj022607e.jpg

Bumps (Trail #5):
montj022607f.jpg

Looking up the T-bar:
montj022607g.jpg

View:
montj022607h.jpg

Snow depth on a natural trail:
montj022607i.jpg

ChileMass

Tim - are you on an Eastern Townships tour? Any plans to go to Sutton? If you have ever been there, send me some details via PM. I need to compare it to Owl's Head and Orford. I hear very good things.......thanks and have fun.