• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville 3/17/20

Zand

I'm sure there's been times I've said "I'd rather sit at home all day than go to Waterville." Probably should've listened to my own advice. Aside from the fact that the place has the absolute worst trail layout anywhere, the conditions were frozen solid underneath a couple new inches of snow. Some stuff was ungroomed but nothing was marked as such and you'd suddenly be skiing on sheet ice.

Green Peak probably was a bad idea in the first place with the whole thing being on a double fall line, but they had a chance to cut a few nice long trails unlike anything on the main mountain and instead layed it out the exact same. I can't stand that no trail at the entire resort is longer than like 2000 feet before it merges with 2 other trails and then more trails split off a few feet down. There's absolutely no flow anywhere except maybe the Sunnyside stuff, but those are very short.

Not much more to say...everything skied the same. Some flatter areas were better due to the snow being skied in nicely, but anything with pitch was ugly. Even the parking lots are layed out like garbage there. You get to walk up and down steep icy paths between terraces, no stairs. I'd honestly rather ski Sunapee.

Enough bitching...hopefully skiing is back in time to enjoy Superstar.

Zand

I respect your devotion to getting out there.

As I said in the who's still open thread, what I expected and what actually happened was two different things. It was okay for a while, but as the younger crowd grew things got downright invasive and made me wish I didnt go. I got right out of there when that happened.

JimG.

Staff member
As I said in the who's still open thread, what I expected and what actually happened was two different things. It was okay for a while, but as the younger crowd grew things got downright invasive and made me wish I didnt go. I got right out of there when that happened.

Yeah I've got the willies around people now too.

thetrailboss

Staff member

So what you’re really saying is “get off my yard you damn kids!” [emoji38]

I wasn’t expecting you to say that for at least a few years if not decades.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Zand

So what you’re really saying is “get off my yard you damn kids!” [emoji38]

I wasn’t expecting you to say that for at least a few years if not decades.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Felt like I was back at Wachusett on a Friday night. Clearly mom and dad are already sick of having their high schoolers in the house every day so they figured it would be a good place to dump them off for a few hours lol.

I never ski Wachusett or NH any more. Don't really see that kind of crowd in northern VT so it's a shock to the system when 50% of the skiers there are that crowd.