• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Earn Your Turns" Thread Spring 2020

tumbler

I think he'll be ok, clearly you don't ski or ride Bush so you don't know who he is.

Hawk

I can't blame him considering where he lives. I do know him and can understand why he went. I have always said if you do it, be real discrete and by yourself. I am not going to be a hypocrite and I am not gong to feel bad for all the people who can't travel and see this. If I lived on the mountain and was in his position, I would probably do the same. That is a privilege of your life choice to live on the mountain. Just because other people chose to live elsewhere and are now banned from traveling and coming to the hill should not restrict your right to be there. Especially if you are not with anyone, can walk out your door and skin up by yourself. The rules are there for the uninformed, the careless, the clueless, the thoughtless that come, congregate and do not social distance. It is also there so that people do not get bummed out and so that they don't get all riled up like on here. I say just suck it up and understand that the rules are there for the people that lack good judgement. That is not him.

That doesn't look like ski tracks. ;-)

skiur

I can't blame him considering where he lives. I do know him and can understand why he went. I have always said if you do it, be real discrete and by yourself. I am not going to be a hypocrite and I am not gong to feel bad for all the people who can't travel and see this. If I lived on the mountain and was in his position, I would probably do the same. That is a privilege of your life choice to live on the mountain. Just because other people chose to live elsewhere and are now banned from traveling and coming to the hill should not restrict your right to be there. Especially if you are not with anyone, can walk out your door and skin up by yourself. The rules are there for the uninformed, the careless, the clueless, the thoughtless that come, congregate and do not social distance. It is also there so that people do not get bummed out and so that they don't get all riled up like on here. I say just suck it up and understand that the rules are there for the people that lack good judgement. That is not him.

That doesn't look like ski tracks. ;-)

I agree with you on all points except good judgement point. Posting it online was not good judgement.

sull1102

You people are hilarious. Jesus Christ. Guy lives on the mountain and posted some nice pics of his day out there. You Karens then decide to light him up because he was sharing his experience with you. Hey if you don’t like it then don’t read the thread, you’re not going to stop one single person by being a little whiny baby every time someone says they hiked a closed mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiur

And by posting it he is encouraging people to head to the mountain from other places possibly bringing the virus with him. Have any of your friends or family died yet?

Smellytele

I don’t give a fuck if he is Jesus Christ. Posting it was stupid. Like I said I don’t care that he skied it.

Hawk

And by posting it he is encouraging people to head to the mountain from other places possibly bringing the virus with him. Have any of your friends or family died yet?

No he is not! Honestly, If you are weak minded enough that that post gets you in a car to drive up there and go then it's your issue not his. You act like people just short circuit and go. It's more like people are jealous and have to lash out. Just take it for what it is. Really nice pictures and stoke for the next time you ski.

skiur

No he is not! Honestly, If you are weak minded enough that that post gets you in a car to drive up there and go then it's your issue not his. You act like people just short circuit and go. It's more like people are jealous and have to lash out. Just take it for what it is. Really nice pictures and stoke for the next time you ski.

Yes he is.
People will see him doing it and copy it whether you believe it or not.

Hawk

I don’t give a fuck if he is Jesus Christ. Posting it was stupid. Like I said I don’t care that he skied it.

Stupid to you. Not that big a deal by others. Call him out all you want. Your getting worked up about nothing. Surprising because you usually are one of the more level head ones on here. I am surprised the all knowing and all seeing Bennedict Arnold hasn't piped in. LOL

Hawk

Yes he is.
People will see him doing it and copy it whether you believe it or not.

People ski every day. You only have to put on your binoculars to see. But alas, it will all be gone very soon and people will forget. I totally envy my friends that are there skiing.

Smellytele

I am lucky enough to be around places I can skin up and ski. I just don’t post about it. As I said I am fine with him doing it. Other have said and it is human to see others do things and do them as well. “Hey if he can do it why can’t I?” I am trying to be rational and I personally would not go even seeing that he did but others who are less rational may.

Hawk

OK I hear you. Not smart to post. May this be over soon and we can at least enjoy the good weather coming. I need to get out on my Bike more. Hopefully soon.

JimG.

Staff member
Glad fishing has been good.

I've lost interest in the 19-20 ski season.

Here's to 20-21!