The "Earn Your Turns" Thread Spring 2020 - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    The governor would be wise to shut down parking to out of state plates. Stiff fines. This goes for all states imo
    Vermont is having police monitor places.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    +1 on this.

I had been holding out hope that Mt. Abram would be able to allow access at least another week or two (which, at the current rate, is about how long I'd expect the snow to be reasonable and not silly skiing). Now I'm trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to keep myself and my dog from going crazy between now and hiking season—most trails are either still snowed in, or in a mud-season situation that makes usage a bad stewardship decision (plus those trails are getting a significant amount of traffic now with very few options available), and road-walking is both higher-risk than skiing and involves interacting with a lot more people and dogs.

I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that the number of people who don't understand that skiing (particularly when earning turns, but also can be applied to any number of any other inherently risky outdoor activities) can, for those of us who have chosen to live near reasonable venues and have the experience to evaluate and mitigate risks, be done in a manner involving reasonably low risks is significant; unfortunately, the number of people who don't understand "live near" and "in a manner involving reasonably low risks" is even more significant and resulting in very few options to get outside in a reasonable manner.
    That last paragraph is a long run on sentence

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information