• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski area bankruptcies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyWebb

Because that's not for the better of society.
What?

Do you even realize what would be in store for society if we hit 30-40% unemployment rates? More lives would be destroyed in the usa as a result of that than this virus ever will.

Families will be absolutely crushed.
Suicide will skyrocket
Crime will skyrocket
Riots
Looting

We would be flirting with societal collapse or maybe not even flirt with it. I think even the most naive among us should understand the absolute shit show this country will be with unemployment rates worse than the great depression

BenedictGomez

The more they argue about the relief bill the more likely it gets.

Exactly.

It's not an "argument" though, supposedly this bill was all but a done deal Saturday night.

Then it turned into a far-left hostage situation, all while people are being laid-off by the thousands & others are dying. Only the most bitter leftist partisans could support what the Democrats are doing.

Edd

Then it turned into a far-left hostage situation, all while people are being laid-off by the thousands & others are dying. Only the most bitter leftist partisans could support what the Democrats are doing.

For a guy who is “no Trump apologist”, I’m thinking Trump would really dig your vibe. “Far left hostage situation” is right up his Twitter alley.

Edd

On a side note, I’m watching Pence at a press conference who, compared to Trump, comes off as a functional adult, and seems oddly comforting.

IMG_0058.jpg

p_levert

I have to admit, I am rather skeptical of these "extracts from the Democratic law". The current effort is being led by the Senate, which is not a hotbed of radicals. Also, the Democrats keep voting down the proposal as insufficient, so it just doesn't seem possible that this stuff is in the law under consideration in the Senate. Is this stuff that an AOC staffer cooked up? Or just out and out fabrications? Before I believe any of it, I need a link to an official government organization, not a Twitter link to a right wing activist.

BenedictGomez

I have to admit, I am rather skeptical of these "extracts from the Democratic law". The current effort is being led by the Senate, which is not a hotbed of radicals. Also, the Democrats keep voting down the proposal as insufficient, so it just doesn't seem possible that this stuff is in the law under consideration in the Senate. Is this stuff that an AOC staffer cooked up? Or just out and out fabrications? Before I believe any of it, I need a link to an official government organization, not a Twitter link to a right wing activist.

Every bit of Democrat madness & insanity I posted is in there, but I get it, the truth hurts, so get some ibuprofen before you read it (link below).

Make sure you take a second pill before you get to the part where YOU pay off $10,000 in student debt per millennial!

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6817711-Updated-House-Bill

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
This is off topic but carbon offset is an environmental tax, like the many others we have. Should if be in the COVID-19 relief bill ? Of course not. But the idea is not insane.

It is ridiculous! I put it in the same category as adopting a whale . No more than a way to relieve guilt for using energy ,serves no purpose other than giving a politicians more money and control over our lives.

TyWebb

Female physician (Dr. Fauci's protege) came out with a bunch of new data today during the press conference. Fatality rate still very low in Europe for 50 and under. Average mortality rate in Italy is mid-80s, almost all have at least 3 pre-existing conditions.

icecoast1

Obviously, if you don't believe in climate change science it is a stupid tax.

Arguing about it and trying to attach it to a bill that's meant to help millions of people and businesses that are struggling is stupid, whether you believe in it or not. Even more so at the last minute when a deal had essentially been negotiated

VTKilarney

A theory:

Drug treatments are showing early promise. Trump is laying the groundwork to get us out of our houses, with the resulting infections, but an acceptable death rate because of drug treatments.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
A theory:

Drug treatments are showing early promise. Trump is laying the groundwork to get us out of our houses, with the resulting infections, but an acceptable death rate because of drug treatments.

Yes his hand is being forced. In the end what will kill more people , the Flu , TDS , Covid or a crashing economy?

Bumpsis

Ok the earth is warming yes ,what purpose does the "Tax " serve ? So if I pay more tax it will get cooler ????

Yes! I mean honestly, you really need this to be explained??

I haven't tuned into this thread for a good while, but man, between you, BenedicGomes and a few others, it's like tuning into the Infowars. I hope you guys are getting paid for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.