• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski area bankruptcies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

I haven't tuned into this thread for a good while, but man, between you, BenedicGomes and a few others, it's like tuning into the Infowars. I hope you guys are getting paid for this!!

Create a list of all the factually inaccurate things I've posted in this thread. I'll get the popcorn. The few times I've speculated it's been based on legitimate science or projected data, and I note when I "speculate".

Smellytele

Yes! I mean honestly, you really need this to be explained??

I haven't tuned into this thread for a good while, but man, between you, BenedicGomes and a few others, it's like tuning into the Infowars. I hope you guys are getting paid for this!!

Do you think this stuff should be added to this bill? I know it is done all the time but still.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

MEtoVTSkier

Once again, this doesn't end until everyone gets exposed and either lives or dies, or they find a working vaccine. Everything else is just a sub-plot.

Cram all those politicians in a small room, including the ones testing positive/self quarantining... and see how fast they come up with and pass a bill.

TyWebb

Yes! I mean honestly, you really need this to be explained??

How many people die with 30-40% unemployment?

Those that survive ... how many families/lives are destroyed?

Keelhauled

Every bit of Democrat madness & insanity I posted is in there, but I get it, the truth hurts, so get some ibuprofen before you read it (link below).

Make sure you take a second pill before you get to the part where YOU pay off $10,000 in student debt per millennial!

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6817711-Updated-House-Bill

You linked the House bill. That was not what was voted down in the Senate the last two days. It has not even gone to vote in the House yet, to say nothing of being reconciled with whatever comes out of the Senate. The sticking point in the Senate bill from the perspective of the Democrats is largely a lack of accountability as to where money would be spent or loaned. They want more restrictive language that would give companies less discretion over the use of bailout money to ensure that employees are not laid off even after a company has gotten money from the government, as well as more transparency over where the money is directed. As drafted, the Treasury Department has authority over the dispersal of money but is not required to actually disclose where it sent funds for six months.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Everybody done? I mean this is how politics has always played out my entire adult life. Anytime there's cause for Congress to approve a big check, both sides wrangle for unrelated goodies to the cause in order to either buy votes or campaign donations. It goes both ways. I'm sure if you look deep enough you'll find a provision where $20B can go towards Unicorn Fart dust powered energy plants provided that the Space Force gets similar funding AND an X Wing fighter guarantee. None of that Commie TIE fighter crap.

Many more important things about this shut down to discuss such as

FB_IMG_1585017757077.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Bumpsis

Create a list of all the factually inaccurate things I've posted in this thread. I'll get the popcorn. The few times I've speculated it's been based on legitimate science or projected data, and I note when I "speculate".

BD, it is my simple observation that you have been duping all sorts of right wing pablum on this forum for years, from dubious economical pronouncements to defending opprobrious "gun rights" positions and passing them off as based in facts and science. And that's all good - forums are for opinions, right?

You're also the biggest climate change denier on this forum and that's what I find most objectionable since that can actually be harmful. And your position in defense of this just simply: "prove it". I don't have to. Your posts speak for themselves. I'm not about to waste my time combing through your posts - I actually have a rather interesting book I'll be getting back to so I'll decline your invitation for this fool's errand.

VTKilarney

Everybody done? I mean this is how politics has always played out my entire adult life. Anytime there's cause for Congress to approve a big check, both sides wrangle for unrelated goodies to the cause in order to either buy votes or campaign donations.

Except right now Covid-19 has caused unprecedented financial ruin. So it’s not at all like those other times.

There was a bipartisan agreement. Pelosi scuttled it at the last minute. Those are the facts.

VTKilarney

BD, it is my simple observation that you have been duping all sorts of right wing pablum on this forum for years, from dubious economical pronouncements to defending opprobrious "gun rights" positions and passing them off as based in facts and science. And that's all good - forums are for opinions, right?

You're also the biggest climate change denier on this forum and that's what I find most objectionable since that can actually be harmful. And your position in defense of this just simply: "prove it". I don't have to. Your posts speak for themselves. I'm not about to waste my time combing through your posts - I actually have a rather interesting book I'll be getting back to so I'll decline your invitation for this fool's errand.

Translation: I can’t find anything you posted that is factually inaccurate.

I don’t agree with BG on climate change, but this thread hasn’t been about that, so your falling back on that is some serious weak sauce.

BenedictGomez

SHORT VERSION: You've got nothing.

Thanks, just wanted to call you out on it and prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.