Vail considering cutting back on announced improvements- beginning of the end for VR? - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by dblskifanatic View Post
    I agree! These doom and gloom threads in light of the times are pointless! Those who want to see Vail crash or hate the mega pass idea put their spin as to why it will fail.

We are in a state that the all current generations (minus a few from the Great Depression) have never seen. Predicting anything at this time is also pointless. I do agree the Q3 and Q4 will be huge rebuilding periods going into 2021. Sad thing - the SMALLER business may not have the ability to recover- larger businesses will scale back for now, capture some stimulus funds and new opportunities will surface.

These threads are pessimists vs optimists! Then again aren’t they all!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I'll take these conditions any day over the year I spent in Vietnam, some of my generation have seen a lot worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by darent View Post
    I'll take these conditions any day over the year I spent in Vietnam, some of my generation have seen a lot worse!!
    Truth.

I'll take this over boot camp lol

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    We'll all have to wait another year to ride the Kanc8 at Loon. Boyne is postponing that install and the Swift Current 6 at Big Sky due to concerns they may not be able to finish the lifts this season on a compressed timeline. SK stated both locations would be hurt with no lift in the current alignments worse than waiting. In the case of Swifty's replacement, the lift build in Austria is almost complete and will be shipped and stored somewhere in the US for next season (SK mentioned it is already Boyne owned). No word on if the same will be true for the Kanc8.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Was going to say that Boyne is postponing their work as well....based on $22 million in lost revenue due to closing early (!)
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Canadian politics are boring, just like our prime minister. US politics are fascinating. The same guy with no credentials who was put in charge of Middle-East peace in now in charge of the Coronavirus response. You can't make this up, Aren't you a little bit afraid ?
    Isn't it amazing? We are basically a banana republic. The guy is put in charge because he is banging the presidents daughter. Literally no other credentials. I think he's in charge of the opiod crisis as well.

Everyone on the R side is fine with it though. It is amusing to see how many things can be justified when its your team. Totally fine. Its the culmination of years of expertise and science bashing from the repubs. Anyone can be an expert now. expertise is overrated anyway. what could go wrong? ohhhh wait......

We'll all have to wait another year to ride the Kanc8 at Loon. Boyne is postponing that install and the Swift Current 6 at Big Sky due to concerns they may not be able to finish the lifts this season on a compressed timeline. SK stated both locations would be hurt with no lift in the current alignments worse than waiting. In the case of Swifty's replacement, the lift build in Austria is almost complete and will be shipped and stored somewhere in the US for next season (SK mentioned it is already Boyne owned). No word on if the same will be true for the Kanc8.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Not surprising. So where does this leave the "2030 Plan" for Sunday River and Sugarloaf......2035?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Was going to say that Boyne is postponing their work as well....based on $22 million in lost revenue due to closing early (!)
    Sorry trailboss, not why Boyne is delaying the lift installs. It is because they are concerned if they take Swifty and Kanc down to do the installs, construction could get stopped by a new flare up of the virus. Swifty is almost completely fabricated and will be shipped to the US, probably to sit in containers at Big Sky through this coming winter. SK stated he hates to see a new lift that Boyne already owns just sitting and not installed. But no Swifty at all is too big a risk to go ahead this summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Vail considering cutting back on announced improvements- beginning of the end for VR?

Sorry trailboss, not why Boyne is delaying the lift installs. It is because they are concerned if they take Swifty and Kanc down to do the installs, construction could get stopped by a new flare up of the virus. Swifty is almost completely fabricated and will be shipped to the US, probably to sit in containers at Big Sky through this coming winter. SK stated he hates to see a new lift that Boyne already owns just sitting and not installed. But no Swifty at all is too big a risk to go ahead this summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    That’s true, but I think losing $22 mill also slows things down....

https://liftblog.com/2020/04/03/big-...jects-to-2021/

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information