• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Webcam

Zermatt

Check out the mid mountain cam. It looks like they already plowed out the snow to open a road up the mountain. Any idea what they are working on or why they would need the road so soon?

icecoast1

Many places do that so it doesnt take until June for their access roads around the mountain to melt out. Doesnt necessarily mean they are doing anything other than routine maintenance

drjeff

Probably just normal stuff as has been mentioned..

I do recall that Stratton was in the process of opening up and developing a bunch of mountain bike trails off of I believe the AMEX lift, and they had opened up the first few trails towards the end of the Summer/Fall ops season last year. Might have something as well to do with trail work sooner than later for that part of their resort ops

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

They started that last week. That's typically what they do at the end of the season. I saw the groomer pushing snow into the woods around lunchtime one day last week. I'm surprised they haven't updated their website to say they are closed for the season. I realize it's probably assumed at this point...

The webcams were down when I checked earlier.