Fishing 2020 - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fishing 2020

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    I left NH for the first time in over 2 months today to open up my summer cottage on Cape Cod. Strolled to the end of the street to a schoolies striper fest. 12-24 inch fish were hitting anything on the surface. To bad it wasn't me, as I didn't have equipment ready. Tomorrow.
    Same in LI sound my buddy Rich's boat went in yesterday and of course it's raining today.

Going to the NYC reservoirs tomorrow looking for black bass and walleye.

Went out in the rowboat on Sodom reservoir on 5/24. Got out at 1pm and fished areas close to the boat spot the first 2.5 hours. Landed 2 good sized smallmouths. Rowed back for Mike at 3:30 and we fished extensively until about 8pm. Mike landed a couple of smallmouths and about a dozen yellow perch. I landed 3 more 15" or so smallmouths but lost a big smallmouth at the small island late in the day. Fish went berserk on me and jumped and tail walked all over before getting off. That was one pissed off fish.
    524201.jpg
    524202.jpg
    I enjoy fishing for smallmouths more than most other fish. It's a fish with real attitude and great fight. That was a good first day of bass fishing for the year, better than most.

Thread Information