How about something different - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Restaurants are still open in Maine?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Take out only.
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Restaurants are still open in Maine?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Take out and drive up only. Breakfast was at the hotel.
    lovin life,

Bob

How about something different

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Take out and drive up only. Breakfast was at the hotel.
    Although its obviously best practice to avoid restaurants altogether, Im liking the way some places here in NH are handling it. Yesterday I ordered online, and they have you include a description of your vehicle. So you simply pull into the lot without leaving your car. You pay/tip online so no cash or credit cards are physically exchanged.
    Last edited by Edd; Mar 25, 2020 at 5:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Although it’s obviously best practice to avoid restaurants altogether, but I’m liking the way some places here in NH are handling it. Yesterday I ordered online, and they have you include a description of your vehicle. So you simply pull into the lot without leaving your car. You pay online so no cash or credit cards are physically exchanged.
    I like that method. And I agree, it is probably best to avoid altogether. But we have to get food from somewhere that it has been handled by someone somewhere. And I do like having businesses stay in business and survive. Hopefully they can thrive once this is over, but they need to stay in business somehow.

I did notice how every closed restaurant I saw was doing renovations in their down time. Probably wanted to update the bathrooms some time ago, but never had a good time to close down for a couple weeks. Until now.
    lovin life,

Bob

Yesterday i walked the perimeter of my property..a somewhat difficult task as it very steep and you have to bushwack your way around 2 acres. The deer broke through the fence in several areas so i have some work to do. Then i think ill go through the music collection and update that. I have 2 mp3 players and have to update the computer..delete and re rip a bunch of cds..then transfer to the players...damn long process but i guess i have the time now.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Booze thread high jack
    For those contemplating kitchen renovations ,I'm working on an investment property and went over budget on the unforeseen electrical issues .I accidentally came across this and was able substitute epoxy for the granite I planned on . I was really pleased with the way it came out and spent less than $300.00 building the top from scratch . You're able to go over old Formica and solid surfaces and there are tons of styles .

That is a very cheap alternative for someone flipping a house. That would be the only case I would ever use that stuff. Just wait until someone puts a hot pan down on that counter. LOL I am sorry but I would never use anything like that in my own house.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I've had several "ads" on Facebook show up recently in the past week or so for similar videos of redoing countertops with epoxy. Kind of odd as I haven't searched anything at all related to that topic and I have no idea why they suddenly started showing up.
    So the durability of the surface is directly related to the hardness of the substrate below it. The epoxy is too thin and will crack or dent if you use just regular plywood. Maybe not a big deal for a kitchen counter unless you pound on it but definitely not a good idea for a work surface in a shop unless you use hardwood or maybe use plywood with a metal top and then coat that. But now your adding cost.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Yesterday i walked the perimeter of my property..a somewhat difficult task as it very steep and you have to bushwack your way around 2 acres. The deer broke through the fence in several areas so i have some work to do. Then i think ill go through the music collection and update that. I have 2 mp3 players and have to update the computer..delete and re rip a bunch of cds..then transfer to the players...damn long process but i guess i have the time now.
    What is a CD?

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    What is a CD?
    Its a thing I thought nobody used anymore, not unlike MP3 players.

I will go to my grave swearing CD sounds better than MP3, but I listen to MP3 mostly due to enormous convenience.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information