• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

snoseek

I work at a club and we are hopeful we can at least partial reopen next week. Financially this will be a struggle to.come back from. All our event revenue for the year is probably gone and thats a big hit.

puckoach

Not that this is of particular interest to posters here, but more so indicative of a local government action.

Last night, Laconia City Council voted to cancel Bike Week until August.

Edd

That settles the question of the hill climb at Gunstock for the moment.

Gunstock is hoping to run the campground and do Segway and ebike tours for the summer. Other stuff would be closed.

drjeff

Not that this is of particular interest to posters here, but more so indicative of a local government action.

That settles the question of the hill climb at Gunstock for the moment.

Gunstock is hoping to run the campground and do Segway and ebike tours for the summer. Other stuff would be closed.

Bike week during Summer vacation season.... That's going to be something different!!

And just for the sake of the overall traffic flow on the roads around Winnipesaukee, and especially in the general Wiers/Laconia/Gilford area, I sure hope that the rapid rail bridge replacement plan over the Wiers channel which began last week, and is requiring basically a 15 or so mile detour down around Paugus Bay and Laconia to get from 1 side of the Wiers Channel to the other by road, will be done on time, which is scheduled for basically Memorial Day Weekend. The project was already delayed a few weeks since the manufacturing site of the large pre-cast beams was in VT, and that factory was shut down under the Governor's order for a few weeks (now since re-opened )

deadheadskier

Staff member
At least they did pick the last week of August for Bike Week, which tends to be slower than the rest of summer as families prepare for the new school year.

Still would think the second week of September would be better during the lull before foliage season ramps up.

Have to imagine attendance will be way down no matter what. Especially if bars and restaurants have limited operations.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

If you want to mark all 4 sides of a board the exact same..this is the tool. Also when cutting dovetails or box joints, you measure the thickness of the board with it then transfer that to the other board.

cdskier

One of my absolute favorite things to make...Broccoli Rabe and sausage risotto along with a beautiful single vineyard Pinot Noir (I think this may be the first time I've ever used spicy sausage though).

DSC_0065.jpg

BenedictGomez

If you're still in Moab I highly recommend hiking Fisher's Tower. Doesn't get all of the publicity many of the famous spots do & consequently we practically had the entire landscape to ourselves.

dblskifanatic

If you're still in Moab I highly recommend hiking Fisher's Tower. Doesn't get all of the publicity many of the famous spots do & consequently we practically had the entire landscape to ourselves.

We are definitely going back - it is a Mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. Thanks for the pointer, will check it out.

I bet the place get busy under normal conditions! We figure while people are ghosting places it is the time to experience them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

snoseek

If you aren't a hardcore mtb rider but like the idea of riding moab I suggest renting a bike from a shop in town and head on up to dead horse point for some fun.