• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

mister moose

Three long years I spend rebuilding this little vintage camper. It's FINALLY done and I have no where to take it :-( We like to camp up at Smuggler's Notch and all reservations through June have been cancelled. Hoping for the July4th weekend
Post some more photos! (in progress and completed)

What year is it? Is that much wood framing original?

granite

Monday feast, leftovers from Sunday dinner all prepared by my wife. Grilled outside are lamb chops brushed with olive oil and salt/pepper, marinated grilled vegetables, hot and sweet cherry peppers, red onions, mushrooms and on the vine cherry tomatoes, served with Royal blend rice. Homemade from scratch-grilled flat bread brushed with olive oil infused with fresh herbs and served with a homemade Tzatziki dip with Greek yogurt, fresh garlic, lemon juice and zest, fresh dill, English cucumber and salt/pepper. All of it very complimentary, the green cherry peppers are super-hot, but one bite of the flat bread with Tzatziki cooled it right away. Washed down with fresh brewed naturally decaffeinated iced tea-lemon-sweetener-fresh mint. Fruit salad with orange/vanilla bean syrup and fresh mint for dessert. All of the herbs are from our garden. Enjoyed it Sunday with a nice bottle of Spanish red wine, marked down from $70 to $35 at the NH Liquor store.

Attachments

• IMG_3621.jpg
    IMG_3621.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 72

cdskier

Monday feast, leftovers from Sunday dinner all prepared by my wife. Grilled outside are lamb chops brushed with olive oil and salt/pepper, marinated grilled vegetables, hot and sweet cherry peppers, red onions, mushrooms and on the vine cherry tomatoes, served with Royal blend rice. Homemade from scratch-grilled flat bread brushed with olive oil infused with fresh herbs and served with a homemade Tzatziki dip with Greek yogurt, fresh garlic, lemon juice and zest, fresh dill, English cucumber and salt/pepper. All of it very complimentary, the green cherry peppers are super-hot, but one bite of the flat bread with Tzatziki cooled it right away. Washed down with fresh brewed naturally decaffeinated iced tea-lemon-sweetener-fresh mint. Fruit salad with orange/vanilla bean syrup and fresh mint for dessert. All of the herbs are from our garden. Enjoyed it Sunday with a nice bottle of Spanish red wine, marked down from $70 to $35 at the NH Liquor store.

That looks and sounds delicious...what kind of Spanish red?

granite

That looks and sounds delicious...what kind of Spanish red?

2014 Vintage, full bodied-very bold-liked it a lot. I always find Spanish Red wines are a good bargain compared to French and Italian wines.

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpg
    IMG_3624.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 68

cdskier

2014 Vintage, full bodied-very bold-liked it a lot. I always find Spanish Red wines are a good bargain compared to French and Italian wines.

Nice. Toro wines are typically quite powerful and full-bodied.

Spain in general is a pretty good value, although there are a lot of good values in France and Italy too if you know where to look.

smac75

Post some more photos! (in progress and completed)

What year is it? Is that much wood framing original?

It’s a 1968 or 69 Playmor. 13feet including tongue. Pretty much all
original wood was replaced. I’d love to have an old woody or an old Bronco to pull it. But alas I pull it with a traverse equipped with a tow package. The weight is under 1000lbs so super light. Here are more pics in various stages. We got it in GA and still can’t believe today that it made it all the way back to MA in one piece. Thing was full of rot (they all are). It was a fun project for sure in which I (female) learned everything from YouTube!
E9BB1F76-5DC0-4FF3-8F65-2AC4A42C0638.jpeg
6CAABCB4-18D0-4387-9468-DA281D2B8649.jpg
F3533FD5-0447-421F-9758-BEFFC719DFE5.jpg
81F17EB2-7E62-4C66-9333-92694C8C00E9.jpg
3EB34ECA-F413-42F3-99B6-97C8A2AA9F92.jpg

Last edited:

jimk

smac75 that is a very cool project!

Some of my earliest skiing memories are a few ski weekends around 1968-70 when my dad took us for ski weekends in Western PA in a trailer similar to that one:
dad blue knob trailer alpinezone.jpg

Last week I visited a state park in Utah and when I saw a campground there I remarked to my wife that a trailer, tent, or RV is a really good way to sightsee right now because you can very effectively social distance with your own meals and sleeping arrangements. My photo from Goblin Valley campground 13 May 2020:
goblin campers.jpg

My oldest brother, currently age 75, still has the trailer bug, and has a newer trailer like this one that he plans to drive across the country in July 2020, as he has done many times in the past:
12 may bike ride trailer.jpg

granite

If you liked Smugglers Notch, you might like the RV Park in Franconia Notch State Park. It's right next to Cannon Mountain Ski Resort and just feet away from Echo Lake at the bottom of the ski slopes. It only has about a dozen sights. I've always wanted to camp there, but I don't have an RV. It's open all year round too, would be cool to camp there and ski Cannon. If I ever see your trailer there, I'll stop by and burn all your fire wood and drink all your beer! Really nice job on the interior too.

Attachments

• IMG_3626.jpg
    IMG_3626.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 59

smac75

If you liked Smugglers Notch, you might like the RV Park in Franconia Notch State Park. It's right next to Cannon Mountain Ski Resort and just feet away from Echo Lake at the bottom of the ski slopes. It only has about a dozen sights. I've always wanted to camp there, but I don't have an RV. It's open all year round too, would be cool to camp there and ski Cannon. If I ever see your trailer there, I'll stop by and burn all your fire wood and drink all your beer! Really nice job on the interior too.

That one is on my list! I've heard it's a great little spot. We love Smuggs because the sites are nice and secluded and so close to Stowe with all the things to do. It's hardly roughing it!

smac75

JimK - that's a vintage "Scotty" camper - they are very popular now. So cool! Love that Utah picture too...someday......

BenedictGomez

Last week I visited a state park in Utah and when I saw a campground there I remarked to my wife that a trailer, tent, or RV is a really good way to sightsee right now because you can very effectively social distance with your own meals and sleeping arrangements.

Once people realized that, Winny recovered from the "sell everything" panic in March. I still think it may be undervalued here as I think sales are going to accelerate for the summer season. It's not trading like one of the "COVID19 winners" with a stock price > pre-COVID19, but I think it should.

winny-stock.png

mbedle

Once people realized that, Winny recovered from the "sell everything" panic in March. I still think it may be undervalued here as I think sales are going to accelerate for the summer season. It's not trading like one of the "COVID19 winners" with a stock price > pre-COVID19, but I think it should.

winny-stock.png

I have a friend that was looking (pre Covid 19) to pick up an RV to move into permanently. There are absolutely no available full time RV site in the southeast area of PA. Almost all of RV parks stated that they are getting a huge increase in calls from people looking to move into RVs full time.

BenedictGomez

I have a friend that was looking (pre Covid 19) to pick up an RV to move into permanently. There are absolutely no available full time RV site in the southeast area of PA. Almost all of RV parks stated that they are getting a huge increase in calls from people looking to move into RVs full time.

I hadnt heard that. Is it people fleeing cities in fear of COVID19 or something else?

JimG.

Staff member
I have also begun to consider a luxury RV instead of a VT or NH ski home. Before the pandemic I would never have considered it.

Now it's starting to seem like a great option.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I have also begun to consider a luxury RV instead of a VT or NH ski home. Before the pandemic I would never have considered it.

Now it's starting to seem like a great option.

How would you deal with the cold temps plumbing wise? I thought most RV’s were used only in above freezing weather?