• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

cdskier

Nice...I'm heading up there in a couple weeks. Weis and Domaine Leseurre are both on my list to visit again. For Ravines I just upgraded my club membership to their VIP club last week.

crank

We spent a week on Lake Seneca in July... barely scratched the surface, winery - wise. It was sure fun though. Guess we'll have to go back again next summer.

Came home with a couple of cases which we went through fairly quickly. Found our local wine shop carries the Konstantin Frank Dry Riesling and the Hermann Wiemer Dry Riesling and Chardonnay all of which we like.

KustyTheKlown

I just read thought this was a new thread and wound up on the first page and then realized it was early covid.

so I forgive you slug for being a FaceTime with trainer in the gym person. Totally reasonable during covid. But man nothing in the gym now bugs me more than the FaceTime trainer crowd

cdskier

We spent a week on Lake Seneca in July... barely scratched the surface, winery - wise. It was sure fun though. Guess we'll have to go back again next summer.

Came home with a couple of cases which we went through fairly quickly. Found our local wine shop carries the Konstantin Frank Dry Riesling and the Hermann Wiemer Dry Riesling and Chardonnay all of which we like.

Don't feel bad, I've made over 20 trips to wineries up there at this point over the years and still haven't hit quite a few that I'd like to get to at some point. Crazy how many wineries there are around the lakes. And it seems new ones keep opening up every year as well.

Dr Frank and Wiemer both have pretty decent distribution. I've come across both in restaurants on wine lists as well in various states.

kingslug

I just read thought this was a new thread and wound up on the first page and then realized it was early covid.

so I forgive you slug for being a FaceTime with trainer in the gym person. Totally reasonable during covid. But man nothing in the gym now bugs me more than the FaceTime trainer crowd
Crossfit in a big gym now...

kendo

@cdskier

Went to Ravines for the first time and am now a member of their club LOL. Good stuff all around there!

If you haven't already, get a bottle or two of Ravine's 2020 Argetsinger Pinot Noir or 2015 Argetsinger Chardonnay (in their Library Wine section), both available online.

Argetsinger was one of the FLX growers who valued quality over quantity. He was a pretty cool spirit, who's since passed...

cdskier

If you haven't already, get a bottle or two of Ravine's 2020 Argetsinger Pinot Noir or 2015 Argetsinger Chardonnay (in their Library Wine section), both available online.

Argetsinger was one of the FLX growers who valued quality over quantity. He was a pretty cool spirit, who's since passed...

I have a bottle of that 2020 Argetsinger Pinot in my next club shipment. On the topic of the Argetsinger Pinot though, I recently discovered I screwed up and drank the wrong bottle of wine last year. I was going through my wine and noticed a "2014 Ravines Pinot Noir" although my inventory said I had a "2014 Ravines Argetsinger Pinot Noir". Meanwhile my inventory said I drank the regular 2014 Pinot back in January 2022. Flipped through the photos on my phone and sure enough, there's a photo of the "Argetsinger" one in front of my fire place in VT from the date I supposedly drank the regular one. No idea how I not only grabbed the wrong bottle to bring to VT, but also didn't notice it was the wrong bottle when I drank it and updated my inventory.

Heartful.zzz

My days have been pretty chill lately. I've been working from home, which can get a bit monotonous, but it's better than commuting, I guess. I've been catching up on some TV shows, doing a bit of gardening, and trying out new recipes in the kitchen.

BodeMiller1

Two quarter ponders with cheese paired with two Monster Energy drinks and a Large Fry.

I'm an Apothic Red guy. Tastes like wine.

Going back to school at 59 a couple classes away from MBA finance. It's fun...