• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

EPB

Just saw a piece on NH Chronicle about Las Olas. I'll have to check it out.

I'd certainly recommend it. They had locations in Exeter, Hampton and Wells, ME last time I checked.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Booze thread high jack
For those contemplating kitchen renovations ,I'm working on an investment property and went over budget on the unforeseen electrical issues .I accidentally came across this and was able substitute epoxy for the granite I planned on . I was really pleased with the way it came out and spent less than $300.00 building the top from scratch . You're able to go over old Formica and solid surfaces and there are tons of styles .

skiur

Take the total # of grocery stores in New Jersey that have a liquor license; now divide that by the total number of grocery stores in New Jersey. It is definitely uncommon.

Don't worry, I know better than to debate with you.

BenedictGomez

Don't worry, I know better than to debate with you.

As cdskier explained, you're literally wrong unless the grocery store also owns a "liquor store" in 2-business in one fashion, which is essentially a clever loophole. Anyone from New Jersey obviously knows grocery stores with liquor stores inside them is uncommon. Why you would even argue this is beyond me.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just saw a piece on NH Chronicle about Las Olas. I'll have to check it out.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app
They do a good job. I tend to go rarely because Newmarket has (or for now had) so many good places to eat and I try to keep my spend as local as possible. If you're passing through Exeter, Hampton or Wells though, they make some quality low cost Mexican.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I accidentally came across this and was able substitute epoxy for the granite I planned on . I was really pleased with the way it came out and spent less than $300.00 building the top from scratch . You're able to go over old Formica and solid surfaces and there are tons of styles .

I enjoyed that. I think it would be fun to do that with a surface that's normally supposed to be crappy looking, like a work bench & make it look like you spent a lot of money on a work bench surface.

cdskier

I enjoyed that. I think it would be fun to do that with a surface that's normally supposed to be crappy looking, like a work bench & make it look like you spent a lot of money on a work bench surface.

I've had several "ads" on Facebook show up recently in the past week or so for similar videos of redoing countertops with epoxy. Kind of odd as I haven't searched anything at all related to that topic and I have no idea why they suddenly started showing up.

Smellytele

I've been doing some skinning up the local hill and getting in some turns. Crowds are nearly non existent. Last weekend, we headed up to Acadia. For breakfast in the morning, there was the two of us and one other. Social distancing, places are dead, you'll be socially distanced. Grocery stores, not so much.

Restaurants are still open in Maine?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

Take out and drive up only. Breakfast was at the hotel.

Although it’s obviously best practice to avoid restaurants altogether, I’m liking the way some places here in NH are handling it. Yesterday I ordered online, and they have you include a description of your vehicle. So you simply pull into the lot without leaving your car. You pay/tip online so no cash or credit cards are physically exchanged.

Last edited:

kingslug

Yesterday i walked the perimeter of my property..a somewhat difficult task as it very steep and you have to bushwack your way around 2 acres. The deer broke through the fence in several areas so i have some work to do. Then i think ill go through the music collection and update that. I have 2 mp3 players and have to update the computer..delete and re rip a bunch of cds..then transfer to the players...damn long process but i guess i have the time now.

Hawk

Booze thread high jack
For those contemplating kitchen renovations ,I'm working on an investment property and went over budget on the unforeseen electrical issues .I accidentally came across this and was able substitute epoxy for the granite I planned on . I was really pleased with the way it came out and spent less than $300.00 building the top from scratch . You're able to go over old Formica and solid surfaces and there are tons of styles .

That is a very cheap alternative for someone flipping a house. That would be the only case I would ever use that stuff. Just wait until someone puts a hot pan down on that counter. LOL I am sorry but I would never use anything like that in my own house.

Hawk

I've had several "ads" on Facebook show up recently in the past week or so for similar videos of redoing countertops with epoxy. Kind of odd as I haven't searched anything at all related to that topic and I have no idea why they suddenly started showing up.

So the durability of the surface is directly related to the hardness of the substrate below it. The epoxy is too thin and will crack or dent if you use just regular plywood. Maybe not a big deal for a kitchen counter unless you pound on it but definitely not a good idea for a work surface in a shop unless you use hardwood or maybe use plywood with a metal top and then coat that. But now your adding cost.

skiur

Yesterday i walked the perimeter of my property..a somewhat difficult task as it very steep and you have to bushwack your way around 2 acres. The deer broke through the fence in several areas so i have some work to do. Then i think ill go through the music collection and update that. I have 2 mp3 players and have to update the computer..delete and re rip a bunch of cds..then transfer to the players...damn long process but i guess i have the time now.

What is a CD?

BenedictGomez

I will go to my grave swearing CD sounds better than MP3, but I listen to MP3 mostly due to enormous convenience.

jimmywilson69

If you encode at 320 KB its a lot better and you can't tell the difference. That is the bitrate I did all of mine at years ago...

I finally surrendered to subscribing to Spotify several years ago and I personally I love it. If I want to listen to something high quality I buy it on Vinyl which is at the complete opposite spectrum of convenience of Streaming Music :lol:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
That is a very cheap alternative for someone flipping a house. That would be the only case I would ever use that stuff. Just wait until someone puts a hot pan down on that counter. LOL I am sorry but I would never use anything like that in my own house.

Anyone who has a Corian top is used to not placing anything hot on the top. Supposedly their product is good to 450f . I doubt for any length of time.

I used MDF 2 layers of 3/4” so it’s fairly solid. I’ve refinished a dining room table with bar coating ,after sanding of a couple years of kids abuse . Very soft stuff and a hot plate out of the microwave leaves a mark ,it also has strange odor that lingers for a year . So far haven’t had that with this product , seems pretty tough. I replaced my kitchen floor a couple of years ago and I’m thinking of using this product over my late 90’s Corian . If it doesn’t hold up I’m not out a lot of $