• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

Hawk

Since this whole mess has started I haven't seen one cop on the road. They're practicing distancing ....

My brother in law and my nephew are both police. The unofficial order is that unless someone is completely out of control, meaning going way to fast or driving irregular, then don't bother.

BenedictGomez

Then let's just continually badger everyone who does not come out with a proclamation of their intensive social distancing.

You say that sarcastically, and I'm not talking about this specific AZ instance, but rather everyone in general, and I'm starting to think that society treating these selfish people like social pariahs will save many lives.

And people should be angry.

The vast majority of Americans are sacrificing by sheltering-in-place, and your anti-viral protection is only as strong as your weakest links. It might be your father or grandmother that one of these trekking rather than sheltering-in-place people kills. Ignorance cannot be a defense for them.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I’ve heard a rumor that the stimulus checks are “You’re getting next years tax credit early “ From a wife’s cousin who is an accountant. If this is true washington will burn LOL.
Maybe some in this field have read the fine print?
True?

BenedictGomez

False, although sort of true.

It is my understanding that the semantics of this are it is considered a tax credit, but it's a new one for 2020. So it's kind of semantics because if COVID19 didnt happen there would be no new $1,200 payment, which is a long-winded way of saying people shouldnt be angry thinking they're getting future-hosed somehow. I imagine there's gotta' be at least 1 tax accountant on AZ to confirm, but I'm pretty sure I have that right. The part I completely dont get is they extended the deadline to July 15, so for those people who havent filed yet (or wont file for a few months) how the heck are they judging their income breakdowns? I guess they could go with 2018 income and "clean it up" later, but that's just a guess. What a mess.

Domeskier

Yep, it's a new credit against 2020 taxes that is being paid now. Presumably any over-/under-payments will be reconciled on 2020 returns.

kingslug

Not sure what 1200 bucks is going to do for people but I guess its better than nothing.
Have to figure out what I'm going to keep myself busy with for the next month. An interesting fact..people are getting hurt from doing DIY projects more than ever now....gee honey I think I'll go fix the roof..I saw how to do it on youtube.

Edd

I gave in and started watching Tiger King on Netflix. 3 episodes in and it’s difficult to process how ridiculous it is.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Edd

The people who actually go to those places are questionable at best also.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I wasn’t aware that these types of zoos exist outside of gator farm type places. I cannot believe this shit is legal.

BenedictGomez

Not sure what 1200 bucks is going to do for people but I guess its better than nothing.

You'll get $2,400 since you're married. I'll get $2,900 due to offspring.

For you and I, this money perhaps doesn't matter, but for a couple with $1,000/month rent & retail jobs that they just lost, that $2,400 is going to be pretty flipping huge.