• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

kingslug

Besides politics..
How are you spending your days?
I have to work in NYC twice a week but can have almost no contact with people. Days off..lately a lot of you tube and some small projects. Face time with my trainer in my gym. What i dont like is going to the supermarket. Its a Trader Joes so not very crowded but i feel its the most exposed i am all week. Food delivery has become almost non existant.
And you?

cdskier

Working from home (I was doing that 2-3 days a week anyway, now it is just all 5).

deadheadskier

Staff member
Working home through at least this week and probably next too. We have a travel ban except for emergency field service repairs.

Doing my best to give my wife breaks as she has to spend all day playing referee between our 5 year old, 16 month old and our dog. All three going crazy and at each other's throats.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

What was supposed to be a Quebec ski vacation turned into 8 days at home. Been on walk or brief hike of some sort each day. We just did yoga together, which is a first. Made a great batch of chili this weekend which was good for 3 dinners.

We have a small grocery store across the street which has always been a godsend but now even more so. 5 minute trips each day just grabbing a few things. Today we’re doing Mexican takeout for lunch and making homemade margaritas.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

EPB

What was supposed to be a Quebec ski vacation turned into 8 days at home. Been on walk or brief hike of some sort each day. We just did yoga together, which is a first. Made a great batch of chili this weekend which was good for 3 dinners.

We have a small grocery store across the street which has always been a godsend but now even more so. 5 minute trips each day just grabbing a few things. Today we’re doing Mexican takeout for lunch and making homemade margaritas.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
Las Olas?

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Worked from home yesterday. At a hospital today for work. Be at another tomorrow. Skinned Saturday and Sunday at pats and hope to later today on the 8” we got last night that is now melting.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

EPB

Why yes! We have a pretty good place across the street but Las Olas is a good excuse to take a quick ride. Really like their food.
Love that place - still remember when it opened back when I was in high school. I try to get back when I visit my parents in the Seacoast, but it's been a little while.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

My wife wants me to work on the house...my answer: any project requires at least 3 to 4 trips to the hardware store...ill pass...i did swap the snow tires off the truck and suv..and replaced the rear brakes on the truck..

ScottySkis

Great thread
I semi retirement.
Reading books listen to music
Some. Biking quick in and out no stop ing.

snoseek

Cannaoil in the crockpot later.

I'm cooking up a storm. Marinating chicken wings. Braising beef. Might make some mole later.

I'm laid off which sucks the big one but am getting some unemployment to lessen the damage and have saving which I prefer not touch.

Happy hour is from 4-7 most days.

I've been riding alot of mtb locally but that's shut till this snow is gone. First time I've actively prayed for rain vs snow in march

NYDB

Still working. Kids are at home, so difficult to work at home but I am doing about 50/50. No more face to face meeting so everything is being done through email/phones/courier/snail mail

Everyone from NYC came out to their second homes (beach area) , so its a bit of a novelty this time of year to see it so busy locally. There is nothing for them to do, so they just walk around the neighborhood all day.

BenedictGomez

I've only left the house 3 times in the last 13 days (not counting walks on road & local parks). Getting a bit stir-crazy.

Good news is I was ahead of the masses on this & the cubbards are fully stocked. I even replaced the keg and bought a case of Dogfish Head 60 Minutes (which will last as I only allow myself 1 per session). Then NJ classified liquor stores as "essential", which is nuts, but hey at least I'm stocked-up. I've baked a few loaves of bread & made a few pounds of teriyaki jerky, etc...

I'm blessed to be able to do 100% of my job WFH, so I'm not losing any money. Other than in the stock market that is of course, which I've been spending my time picking up distressed dividend-paying names.