• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

jimk

Something different..hmmm
The mobs destroyed SOHO last night..my building and a few others were spared..Chaos.

Sad times caused by a combination of pandemic cabin fever, job layoffs/financial crisis, summertime anarchy, and roiling racial woes.

Did you hear about this kooky guy in SLC who aimed a bow and arrow at protesters while yelling All Lives Matter! The crowd pummeled him and then flipped his car.
15909458138612.png

JimG.

Staff member
So much for social distancing and wearing masks huh?

On with the next great American drama!

asnowmobiler

I couldn't imagine living in a City like NY and not being able to be legally armed on a normal day, let alone with all this crap going on.

BenedictGomez

The mobs destroyed SOHO last night..my building and a few others were spared..Chaos.

They were advancing social justice you Neanderthal
- The U.S. media

I couldn't imagine living in a City like NY and not being able to be legally armed on a normal day, let alone with all this crap going on.

It's difficult (and expensive) to even be armed in your apartment. You can even imagine the paperwork you have to fill out & the intentional "difficultness" to invent a word of properly filling out that paperwork. And you cant download it, you must pick it up at your local precinct. I was floored by the whole process. They cant technically make it illegal to own a gun in your home because of the Second Amendment, but they can make it very expensive & very hard. So basically only well-off people with either educations or lawyers can own a firearm in NYC.

BenedictGomez

if anyone gets in your way getting there, feel free to gas them with tear gas and shoot them with rubber bullets.

What does that have to do with the real world regulation of social distancing?

I literally have not been allowed to attend my small church for months now (literally) because my state says it is "unsafe" & illegal to gather & I could be arrested for it, even in that very small number.

But if you want to "gather" in the many thousands in tight groups in giant cities, it's perfectly okay & you wont be arrested. It's total horse**** & should be a case study in logical fallacy.

thebigo

The sad thing is that the protesters are going to inevitably put health care workers at risk. Something they do not need right now.

icecoast1

I literally have not been allowed to attend my small church for months now (literally) because my state says it is "unsafe" & illegal to gather & I could be arrested for it, even in that very small number.

But if you want to "gather" in the many thousands in tight groups in giant cities, it's perfectly okay & you wont be arrested. It's total horse**** & should be a case study in logical fallacy.

Your first mistake was trying to apply logic to these people. If we hadn't been through what we have in the past few months, I would say the reaction from some on this from the general population to those in the media in how they're reporting is stunning and down right hypocritical, but after witnessing the country's reaction the past couple of months nothing surprises me anymore

Cornhead

Nothing, but frankly I'm more concerned with the federal government trampling over people's first amendment rights for the sake of Trump's phony photo op, than I am your state temporarily denying access to your church. Maybe Trump can send in the national armed forces to "liberate" your church.[emoji849]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

EPB

Nothing, but frankly I'm more concerned with the federal government trampling over people's first amendment rights for the sake of Trump's phony photo op, than I am your state temporarily denying access to your church. Maybe Trump can send in the national armed forces to "liberate" your church.[emoji849]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
First amendment for me but not for thee!

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Nothing, but frankly I'm more concerned with the federal government trampling over people's first amendment rights for the sake of Trump's phony photo op, than I am your state temporarily denying access to your church. Maybe Trump can send in the national armed forces to "liberate" your church.

Well that's pretty ******* up then.

For starters, both rights are sacrosanct to true freedom.

But your interpretation of current reality is about as wrong as is humanly possible.

Metaphysical reality #1) People LITERALLY cannot attend church, even in small numbers.
Metaphysical reality #2) Nobody's being "prevented from protesting", even in massive numbers.

What Trump somehow has to do with this in your mind I have no idea, other than the fact he's clearly mentally broken some people in this country. I'm pretty sure COVID19 doesn't care though.

jimmywilson69

can you guys pick another thread to ruin this was supposed to be "Something Different"

Stop picking whatever thread has traffic and bloating it with your bullshit.