• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

dblskifanatic

Yes !Spare your kids the agony of going through all your crap when you pass on . I don't know what it is with my family they saved everything . Not what I would call hoarding but just soooo much stuff. I guess they lived through the depression or maybe it's there idea of a practical joke ?

Good point!

When my father passed and mom no longer could live alone we were faced with cleaning out 50 years of saving things they thought had value. The volume of stuff thrown out would have driven my mother crazy. We maintain / filter like every 5 years or so.

So take this time to clear shit out!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kingslug

I have a home in the Catskills that I literally walked away from on March 14th, thinking I'd be back in a week. Haven't been back, stuck here in NJ in a condo with absolutely no work inside or out to do to it! Totally going out of my mind in anticipation to get back up there!

Plastic or wood model making..very time consuming and you end up with something..well cool to look at.
honda model.jpg

BenedictGomez

I read somewhere that puzzle sales have skyrocketed to a point not seen in decades. I looked into it out of curiosity after I myself bought a few puzzles.

dblskifanatic

I read somewhere that puzzle sales have skyrocketed to a point not seen in decades. I looked into it out of curiosity after I myself bought a few puzzles.

Seeing a lot of posts on Facebook and Instagram. Never been much of a puzzle person but our family bought a bunch of board games. That section of Target and Walmart were wiped out so we ended up going the Amazon route. I would imagine that space also had higher sales.

dblskifanatic

Went golfing today second time in as many weeks. Only problem with today - it started pouring on the 5th hole and got really windy so we called it. Also hiked in the morning on the Santa Fe Trail outside of the Air Force Academy and the weather as much better!

Sticking to the family sanctioned Stay Outside Order!IMG_3885.jpgIMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

dblskifanatic

No golfing allowed here in NH

That does not make sense! Everyone is super far apart, tee times set up online and each tee time is 10 minutes apart. No flags to touch in fact nothing to touch but your own gear.

BenedictGomez

That does not make sense! Everyone is super far apart, tee times set up online and each tee time is 10 minutes apart. No flags to touch in fact nothing to touch but your own gear.

I agree. Have golf carts wiped with Clorax wipes like they do the shopping carts at Costco. Limit it to families (Dad & kids, husband & wife, etc.) and solo golfers. Some of these shutdown rules are bonkers. Even outdoor parks by me in the country are closed, which is insane, but of course, New Jersey.

drjeff

CT golf courses can be open, and most are.

My home course has been open for about a month. Tee times started at 15 minute intervals and were cut back to 10 minute intervals after my club saw how the spacing was working. All tee times booked ahead, show up 10 minutes before your tee time and leave as soon as your round is done. Pro shop/clubhouse aren't open. 1 person per cart unless riding with an immediate family member. No touching the flagstick, a portion of a foam pool noodle is in the cup to prevent one from having to touch the flagstick to get your ball out of the cup. All bunker rakes, water coolers, ball washers, divot repair mix boxes, etc have been removed.

After a few emails during the 1st week my club was open to remind people not to hang out and socialize after their rounds it's gone smoothly

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Hawk

I agree. Have golf carts wiped with Clorax wipes like they do the shopping carts at Costco. Limit it to families (Dad & kids, husband & wife, etc.) and solo golfers. Some of these shutdown rules are bonkers. Even outdoor parks by me in the country are closed, which is insane, but of course, New Jersey.

The closures are the fault of regular people. Here in Mass, on nice days people flocked to the beaches, state parks and golf courses by the hundreds. The parking lots and trails were crammed with people. Some that wore masks and tried to keep a good distance, others did not. In the end social media put an end to it with hundreds of posts from people posting pictures. The authorities had no choice.

Smellytele

The closures are the fault of regular people. Here in Mass, on nice days people flocked to the beaches, state parks and golf courses by the hundreds. The parking lots and trails were crammed with people. Some that wore masks and tried to keep a good distance, others did not. In the end social media put an end to it with hundreds of posts from people posting pictures. The authorities had no choice.

Then people from mass decided hey if I can’t golf in mass I’ll go to RI. Then they closed there but people got busted for sneaking onto courses

tumbler

Our course in Mass is gearing up to open with most of what Dr Jeff was describing about his club. They were open with those protocols then were shut down. I am hoping that Baker opens them soon. It looks like the rainy pattern is going to change by the end of the week.

Smellytele

Ya is was everybody from Mass. No Rhode Islanders were there. Your very narrow minded in this response.

It was just the articles I read saying cars with mass plates were being seen at golf courses in RI that were closed and people with mass licenses were being bagged for playing on RI courses. This was 3 weeks ago or so. I didn’t just pick mass as a “target”. It could happen any where when 1 state closed their courses and a neighboring state doesn’t at first. Same happened with ski areas (some in the same states where some closed and others didn’t.

kendo

For anyone bored out there that wants to read a good book on the wine industry in the Finger Lakes...I'd highly recommend Evan Dawson's "Summer in a Glass: The coming of age of winemaking in the Finger Lakes". Some great stories about some of the pioneers that got the "Quality" culture going as well as some of the newer blood that's continuing to push that forward (at least "new" as of 9 years ago when it was published). Very enjoyable read.

About half way thru. Really great read. Thanks for the rec. I've resisted googling to see where Johannes Reinhardt is today. Great story.

cdskier

About half way thru. Really great read. Thanks for the rec. I've resisted googling to see where Johannes Reinhardt is today. Great story.

Awesome. Glad to hear it. I'll keep quiet about Johannes until you get to the very end!