How about something different - Page 41

AlpineZone

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    If you liked Smugglers Notch, you might like the RV Park in Franconia Notch State Park. It's right next to Cannon Mountain Ski Resort and just feet away from Echo Lake at the bottom of the ski slopes. It only has about a dozen sights. I've always wanted to camp there, but I don't have an RV. It's open all year round too, would be cool to camp there and ski Cannon. If I ever see your trailer there, I'll stop by and burn all your fire wood and drink all your beer! Really nice job on the interior too.
    That one is on my list! I've heard it's a great little spot. We love Smuggs because the sites are nice and secluded and so close to Stowe with all the things to do. It's hardly roughing it!

JimK - that's a vintage "Scotty" camper - they are very popular now. So cool! Love that Utah picture too...someday......

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    Last week I visited a state park in Utah and when I saw a campground there I remarked to my wife that a trailer, tent, or RV is a really good way to sightsee right now because you can very effectively social distance with your own meals and sleeping arrangements.
    Once people realized that, Winny recovered from the "sell everything" panic in March. I still think it may be undervalued here as I think sales are going to accelerate for the summer season. It's not trading like one of the "COVID19 winners" with a stock price > pre-COVID19, but I think it should.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Or a station wagon
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/buy-one-...143200637.html

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Once people realized that, Winny recovered from the "sell everything" panic in March. I still think it may be undervalued here as I think sales are going to accelerate for the summer season. It's not trading like one of the "COVID19 winners" with a stock price > pre-COVID19, but I think it should.

I have a friend that was looking (pre Covid 19) to pick up an RV to move into permanently. There are absolutely no available full time RV site in the southeast area of PA. Almost all of RV parks stated that they are getting a huge increase in calls from people looking to move into RVs full time.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    I have a friend that was looking (pre Covid 19) to pick up an RV to move into permanently. There are absolutely no available full time RV site in the southeast area of PA. Almost all of RV parks stated that they are getting a huge increase in calls from people looking to move into RVs full time.
    I hadnt heard that. Is it people fleeing cities in fear of COVID19 or something else?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I have also begun to consider a luxury RV instead of a VT or NH ski home. Before the pandemic I would never have considered it.

Now it's starting to seem like a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I have also begun to consider a luxury RV instead of a VT or NH ski home. Before the pandemic I would never have considered it.

Now it's starting to seem like a great option.
    How would you deal with the cold temps plumbing wise? I thought most RVs were used only in above freezing weather?
    " We're all in this together" ....Some more together than others .

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I hadnt heard that. Is it people fleeing cities in fear of COVID19 or something else?
    https://campaddict.com/park-free-overnight-walmart/

Lol
    " We're all in this together" ....Some more together than others .

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    How would you deal with the cold temps plumbing wise? I thought most RVs were used only in above freezing weather?
    Honestly don't know a thing about the topic of RV's. That's a good question.

Thread Information