• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

dblskifanatic

Taco Tuesday! With margaritas to go! That is one thing that is cool about this whole thing - to go adult bevs!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

Met some people 25 years ago at Keystone that traveled around living in a RV. They skied in the winter (as well as drive to California to visit their adult kids) and hung out on cape cod In the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kingslug

I was a busy slug yesterday
sparkled the wall..hate speckling
built a work bench
built a 3 legged saw horse..another on the way..self leveling..wonder why no one sells them
continued with the tool wall
a bit tired after all that.
next I want to refinish my Wagner skis. The African wood top layer is bashed up pretty good.

Attachments

• shop 1.jpg
    shop 1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 60
  • shop 2.jpg
    shop 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 62
  • shop 3.jpg
    shop 3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 63
  • shop 4.jpg
    shop 4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 63

skiur

I was a busy slug yesterday
sparkled the wall..hate speckling
built a work bench
built a 3 legged saw horse..another on the way..self leveling..wonder why no one sells them
continued with the tool wall
a bit tired after all that.
next I want to refinish my Wagner skis. The African wood top layer is bashed up pretty good.

I like it when my walls sparkle too!

JimG.

Staff member
I know a little bit but maybe the higher end RV's are weather proof? My Uncle had a retired friend whose motto was when his heater kicks on he moves South .

I'm guessing those $300,000 motorcoach based RV's have those types of amenities. Onboard heat/AC, environmentally protected plumbing, onboard solar power generation, etc.

I will also guess the limiting factor for RVing is finding a place to park it.

skiur

I'm guessing those $300,000 motorcoach based RV's have those types of amenities. Onboard heat/AC, environmentally protected plumbing, onboard solar power generation, etc.

There is always the skyeship base parking lot at Killington. You always see one or two parked there.

BenedictGomez

You can get a decent Class A RV used with 25,000'ish miles for $60k - $100k. I'm surprised more people & small families dont do this for weekend skiing.

The advantage it has over buying a $60-$100k condo is you're not tied to the same ski resort, which seems like a pretty huge advantage. I guess the disadvantages are not everyone gets their own room, and space. But if it's only used Friday night to Sunday night during winter & maybe a few summer trips, I wouldn't think those big negatives.

JimG.

Staff member
You can get a decent Class A RV used with 25,000'ish miles for $60k - $100k. I'm surprised more people & small families dont do this for weekend skiing.

The advantage it has over buying a $60-$100k condo is you're not tied to the same ski resort, which seems like a pretty huge advantage. I guess the disadvantages are not everyone gets their own room, and space. But if it's only used Friday night to Sunday night during winter & maybe a few summer trips, I wouldn't think those big negatives.

Would mostly be for my wife and I so space not a real issue.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
My old neighbors were rather anal retentive. They had a simple pop up camper , a week before their vacation they would air it out and start cleaning. They would go away for a week return and air it out and start cleaning again.

If you’re retired it makes sense to me or if you have a garage to store it in . But maybe look at a rental for short periods ? I have to imagine they depreciate significantly. I like the idea of RVing but could never convince my wife.

BenedictGomez

Would mostly be for my wife and I so space not a real issue.

I think a husband & wife (no kids or kids are out of the nest) is the perfect situation for that. Yet you really never see it at ski resorts. There must be something I'm missing. Why do we see tons of these class A luxury campers at every summer & fall vacation location, but not at winter locations?

If you’re retired it makes sense to me or if you have a garage to store it in . But maybe look at a rental for short periods ? I have to imagine they depreciate significantly. I like the idea of RVing but could never convince my wife.

Big time. I would never consider buying one new, but obviously plenty of people do.

Edd

I’m not an RV guy but I admire it from afar. I don’t know about doing it in winter weather. It boxes you in, especially at night. Part of the RV appeal is spending time outdoors.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone