How about something different - Page 16

AlpineZone

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    What makes you say he gets it though? Maybe he does, but I don't recall him ever saying he changed his mind about his plans.
    Fair enough. Then let's just continually badger everyone who does not come out with a proclamation of their intensive social distancing. VT had posted repeatedly about it to this one person. If he hasn't heard it by now, he never will. He has, in any case, exited the conversation. All I could think of, is right or wrong, give it a rest. The message has been sent. And I doubt it has not been received, though, honestly, I have no way of knowing that. IF someone wants to completely control another person, well..... I mean, you can't control others,but you can control yourself and how you react to whatever is going on.

I just felt like VT had said plenty to Glenn. Glenn has clearly exited the conversation. I think we all get it. Do we really need to badger someone who is no longer here?
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Since this whole mess has started I haven't seen one cop on the road. They're practicing distancing ....
    My brother in law and my nephew are both police. The unofficial order is that unless someone is completely out of control, meaning going way to fast or driving irregular, then don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    What makes you say he gets it though? Maybe he does, but I don't recall him ever saying he changed his mind about his plans.
    I think because of his professional maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Then let's just continually badger everyone who does not come out with a proclamation of their intensive social distancing.
    You say that sarcastically, and I'm not talking about this specific AZ instance, but rather everyone in general, and I'm starting to think that society treating these selfish people like social pariahs will save many lives.

And people should be angry.

The vast majority of Americans are sacrificing by sheltering-in-place, and your anti-viral protection is only as strong as your weakest links. It might be your father or grandmother that one of these trekking rather than sheltering-in-place people kills. Ignorance cannot be a defense for them.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I’ve heard a rumor that the stimulus checks are “You’re getting next years tax credit early “ From a wife’s cousin who is an accountant. If this is true washington will burn LOL.
    Maybe some in this field have read the fine print?
    True?

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    True?
    False, although sort of true.

It is my understanding that the semantics of this are it is considered a tax credit, but it's a new one for 2020. So it's kind of semantics because if COVID19 didnt happen there would be no new $1,200 payment, which is a long-winded way of saying people shouldnt be angry thinking they're getting future-hosed somehow. I imagine there's gotta' be at least 1 tax accountant on AZ to confirm, but I'm pretty sure I have that right. The part I completely dont get is they extended the deadline to July 15, so for those people who havent filed yet (or wont file for a few months) how the heck are they judging their income breakdowns? I guess they could go with 2018 income and "clean it up" later, but that's just a guess. What a mess.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Yep, it's a new credit against 2020 taxes that is being paid now. Presumably any over-/under-payments will be reconciled on 2020 returns.

Not sure what 1200 bucks is going to do for people but I guess its better than nothing.
    Have to figure out what I'm going to keep myself busy with for the next month. An interesting fact..people are getting hurt from doing DIY projects more than ever now....gee honey I think I'll go fix the roof..I saw how to do it on youtube.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

I gave in and started watching Tiger King on Netflix. 3 episodes in and it’s difficult to process how ridiculous it is.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I gave in and started watching Tiger King on Netflix. 3 episodes in and it’s difficult to process how ridiculous it is.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
    Just watched the 1st episode last night. Those people are fuck’d up.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information