• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

Cornhead

Well that was alot more fun than my daily crossword puzzle. I count 38 posted, my money's on Maxwell.

Madonna's baby= Baby's in black

Some of them can be several songs, black birds, Blackbird, My bird can sing. Guys digging hole, Fixing a hole, Dig it. Sun, Here comes the sun, Good Day Sunshine, Good morning. Yawning guy, I'm so tired.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

What is the something "open 24"something sign represent?

EDIT: It's 24/8, duh. That one shouldnt have been so hard for me.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Just got another one. The slide the queen's going down represents "Helter Skelter"

Came to me now as I remember being at a PM show at Yankee Stadium about 8 or 9 years ago & he described for the American audience it's actually a carnival ride with a slide. Funny thing is to a British viewer doing this puzzle it would probably be one of the easiest ones!

5883527995_0e3dd70cf8_b.jpg

Cornhead

Another (big) stretch, I think the woman writing on a pad may be writing a ticket = Lovely Rita.
That's no stretch, obviously Rita, the kid grabbing his mom's boob, Lady Madonna's "baby at your breast", is a stretch. Baby's in black is a good fit, who the hell dresses their baby in black? Goth parents? I don't think they exist. Ozzy?

mbedle

Twist and shout - guy with megaphone.
Strawberry Field Forever - Upper right.
I am the Walrus - Bottom right.
While my Guitar Gently Weeps - Guy on sidewalk playing guitar.
The Long and Winding Road - Upper left.
Blackbird - window on store.
Someone might have said this - Hello Goodbye - two guys on path.
Penny Lane - sign at bottom

BenedictGomez

I had no idea there was a thing called a Helter Skelter.

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Do, don't you want me to love you
I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you

Makes more sense now doesnt it!

Cornhead

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Do, don't you want me to love you
I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you

Makes more sense now doesnt it!
Yeah, I hate rock songs that make sense, bubble burst. Apparently Charlie didn't know either.

Last edited:

fullsend7

I was waiting for things to get back to normal. Now I don't think that is going to happen. I'm just adapting to this new Full Crazy times that we live in.

BenedictGomez

Just watched an FA-18 chase a large prop plane out of the Trump Bedminster NFZ! Right over my house @ a fairly low altitude. Absolutely badass to the nth degree.

FA-18 was loaded with missiles. Took a pass near the plane, then did a crazy climb of what must have been 40 degrees to get behind him again & kept circling him. There was also a large heli following the prop plane very close off to the side.

That was definitely something different.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Just watched an FA-18 chase a large prop plane out of the Trump Bedminster NFZ! Right over my house @ a fairly low altitude. Absolutely badass to the nth degree.

FA-18 was loaded with missiles. Took a pass near the plane, then did a crazy climb of what must have been 40 degrees to get behind him again & kept circling him. There was also a large heli following the prop plane very close off to the side.

Someones in deep doo doo. Kiss there ticket goodbye !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.le...iolation-in-nj-police-say.html?outputType=amp

Made it to Easton Pa. LOL

Last edited:

mister moose

Interesting and thanks for the heads up, but not "a large prop plane" A DC-6 is a large prop plane. A Martin 404 is a large prop plane. An ATR is a large prop plane. This is what is known as a "bug smasher"

MBW4NYWQIFGXZBQNCVO533D77E.jpg

He won't lose his license, at least not permanently. Could be just a wrist slap as he immediately took notice and followed directions.

BenedictGomez

Someones in deep doo doo. Kiss there ticket goodbye !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.le...iolation-in-nj-police-say.html?outputType=amp

Made it to Easton Pa. LOL

The media is reporting this wrong, as I am positive it was NOT an F-16.

I saw it with my own eyes & the fighter jet was twin tail, and I THOUGHT off-set = F-18. I was pretty excited though, so perhaps I'm wrong about that detail & it was an F-15, but at any rate, I'm 100% sure it was no F-16.

The "intruder" was flying at an almost due S heading, so he must have been forced to make a hard right if he landed in Easton. I wonder why they ordered him down there given there are so many closer local airports he could have landed at.

BenedictGomez

Interesting and thanks for the heads up, but not "a large prop plane" A DC-6 is a large prop plane. A Martin 404 is a large prop plane. An ATR is a large prop plane. This is what is known as a "bug smasher"

Well, I'd call a DC-6 a giant prop plane, but that's not really what I was going for, but yeah, I'm shocked to learn just how small that plane really is (assuming the media has it right given they have the fighter jet wrong). I think that speaks to the fact of just how low altitude this all took place at, as a tiny plane seemed decent size to me. I could clearly make out the canopy of the fighter jet it was so low & with binoculars I could see there was a pilot. I'm kicking myself as I must have JUST missed the fighter jet firing flares at the prop plane as other locals clearly saw that. That civilian pilot must have been ******* his pants!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Well, I'd call a DC-6 a giant prop plane, but that's not really what I was going for, but yeah, I'm shocked to learn just how small that plane really is (assuming the media has it right given they have the fighter jet wrong). I think that speaks to the fact of just how low altitude this all took place at, as a tiny plane seemed decent size to me. I could clearly make out the canopy of the fighter jet it was so low & with binoculars I could see there was a pilot. I'm kicking myself as I must have JUST missed the fighter jet firing flares at the prop plane as other locals clearly saw that. That civilian pilot must have been ******* his pants!

Yes the little planes can pose a great danger when the the PIC doesn’t do his homework. Little known story Ronald Regan was almost taken out by a small plane in Marine One

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The "intruder" was flying at an almost due S heading, so he must have been forced to make a hard right if he landed in Easton. I wonder why they ordered him down there given there are so many closer local airports he could have landed at.[/QUOTE]

The article said that they were headed to Blairstown to do some “hiking” . Quite away from your place ?

BenedictGomez

The article said that they were headed to Blairstown to do some “hiking”. Quite away from your place ?

Yes, it's literally the 180 degree direction, but that doesnt surprise me as I imagine if a fighter jet knocks on your cockpit you probably do whatever they say, lol, so a dramatic course correction may have taken place before I could see what I did.

What surprises me GREATLY, is that people from Mississippi know that great wilderness hiking exists in New Jersey. Most people not from New Jersey think the entire state is a paved parking lot. In the specific area you reference, you can hike in a straight line for 30 miles without hitting a residence, something I doubt you could do even in Vermont.

kingslug

As Maverick would say..I feel the need for speed..so I got one of these for the track..Summer is a bit boring lately.

Attachments

• kawasaki.jpg
    kawasaki.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 75