• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

VTKilarney

I saw a group of about 30 people playing baseball yesterday. They weren't even trying to keep six feet apart - judging by the people sitting in the dugout.

The stupid people are going to ruin this for everyone.

I was VERY tempted to call the police.

icecoast1

I saw a group of about 30 people playing baseball yesterday. They weren't even trying to keep six feet apart - judging by the people sitting in the dugout.

The stupid people are going to ruin this for everyone.

They just closed all the parks here for that exact reason. People that can't act responsibly ruin it for the rest of us

BenedictGomez

I read an article a few days ago that this is happening more & more, people are taking the enforcement of Social Distancing into their own hands by calling the authorities. It's happened quite a bit in New Jersey, and I think the effect was positive. What I mean by that is, it's common knowledge now down here that if you're playing a baseball game you probably wont make it more than 4 innings before the cops show up.

kingslug

Spent this past week burglar proofing the house. Pretty interesting. You tube has some good info.
Just replacing all the small screw that hold door hinges and locks is a big improvement.Then adding metal sheilds to several areas .
3M shatterproof film for all glass doors.
Even learned how you can prevent your garage door can be opened from outside if you have an automatic opener.
And door blockers preventing kick in.
You...never know in this now very uncertain time.
And a good small safe in a hard to find location...

cdskier

CD ,Whats for dinner? You should make a "Dinner with CD" thread .

LOL. Tonight I made a grilled chicken parm. The sauce is a fire roasted tomato sauce combined with some onions, garlic, and basil. It gets topped with some smoked mozzarella. For the wine I went with a Cab Franc/Merlot blend.
92823863_4305781926113861_4118470206290919424_n.jpg

Last night I made spaghetti with Shrimp, Arugula, and a Lemon infused oil (technically the recipe called for linguine, but I only had spaghetti.). Paired this with a fascinating Pet Nat sparkling wine.
92875571_4302041163154604_6159203288257396736_n.jpg

teleo

CD we're crashing your place at sugarbush for dinner next season[emoji6]

Although I have been cooking a ton too. Bummed I'm running out of propane for my grill. Wondering if it's worth a touch point to refill.

mbedle

LOL. Tonight I made a grilled chicken parm. The sauce is a fire roasted tomato sauce combined with some onions, garlic, and basil. It gets topped with some smoked mozzarella. For the wine I went with a Cab Franc/Merlot blend.
View attachment 26720

Last night I made spaghetti with Shrimp, Arugula, and a Lemon infused oil (technically the recipe called for linguine, but I only had spaghetti.). Paired this with a fascinating Pet Nat sparkling wine.
View attachment 26721

I got say, your cooking is damn good.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Those with an Instapot who do not have an air fryer should consider this:

https://mealthy.com/products/mealthy-crisplid

Great product.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

My wife showed me this two nights ago . I sort of shrugged I was thinking one more piece to store . Maybe I’ll give it a second look.
My wife uses the Instant pot 2-3 times a week and has 2 sizes. I jokingly call her a pothead .

She gets nervous when I’m in the kitchen as I like to experiment with different foods and leftovers . Although she liked my crab asparagus au gratin . It looked like something out of Dr Zeus book.

My family liked my Watermelon Tea I concocted . Pure leaf unsweetened black tea with a little simply watermelon drink.
Occasionally I have a successful experiment. No ones gotten sick yet :beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
My wife showed me this two nights ago . I sort of shrugged I was thinking one more piece to store . Maybe I’ll give it a second look.
:

I had been eyeing a Breville counter top convection oven / air fryer for about a year. We got the Instapot as a Christmas gift. We have plenty of cabinet space, but a bit less countertop space than I'd like. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Breville. I just happened to stumble upon the Mealthy device and it's a nice happy medium. I can easily store it in a cabinet next to the Instapot and don't have countertop space reduced by a piece of equipment I'm not using daily. I'm guessing the Breville air fryer oven works a bit better, but I've been quite satisfied with the Mealthy product.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

Easter dinner...

Crab Cakes
DSC_0027.jpg

Rack of lamb, oven roasted carrots and potatoes, and pan seared Hen of the Woods mushrooms
DSC_0035.jpg

Creme Brulee
DSC_0038.jpg

A Chardonnay from the Finger Lakes for the Crab Cakes, a Chateauneuf du Pape for the Lamb, and an Ice Wine to go with the Creme Brulee
DSC_0042.jpg