• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

Edd

Now I know why I took a pic of my dinner last night. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and green onions, and corn. Basically a fancy KFC bowl, courtesy of my wife.

IMG_0062.jpg

granite

Roasted herb encrusted rack of lamb made with fresh homemade breadcrumbs. Roasted asparagus and roasted garlic baby potatoes and chopped scallions in herb butter. Rodney Strong 2015 Sonoma County Merlot. Crème Brule with Amaretto for desert. Flag Hill (NH) Niagara Brandy Single Select aged 12 years to top it off.

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2626.jpg
    IMG_2626.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 86

Hawk

We had nearly the same thing last night as far as food. Herb crusted Lamb rack and asparagus. For the potatoes we did classic Au grattin with two types of cheese. The wine was a Holdrege Pinot Noir. Desert was Lemon and Raspberry pastries we got from the local bakery. You pay on line and pick them up in a drop box outside the store.

cdskier

Looks good granite! And sounds good Hawk! Nice that a few of us all had similar ideas.

This was possibly the first time I ever didn't have ham and kielbasa for Thanksgiving (which is what my aunt usually makes). No offense to my aunt, but I enjoyed this year's food a lot more. (And we did a Zoom session with my Aunt and Uncle, cousin and her husband, and sister and her husband so it was like most of us were still there at the table even though we weren't all together physically).

granite

Looks good granite! And sounds good Hawk! Nice that a few of us all had similar ideas.

This was possibly the first time I ever didn't have ham and kielbasa for Thanksgiving (which is what my aunt usually makes). No offense to my aunt, but I enjoyed this year's food a lot more. (And we did a Zoom session with my Aunt and Uncle, cousin and her husband, and sister and her husband so it was like most of us were still there at the table even though we weren't all together physically).

Credit goes to my wife, not me.

BenedictGomez

I recently made 2 pounds of teriyaki beef jerky, 8 ounces of maple pepper venison jerky, and 1 pound of balsamic brown sugar venison jerky. That should satisfy my jerky tooth for a while.

I recently read that people from sea-to-shining-sea are making things like we havent as a culture in decades. Granted I've previously made homemade jerky a bunch of times, but not 3.5 pounds in a short bit. Baking searches are up something like 400% on GOOG in the last month.

Glenn

I wanted to cook the ham Sous Vide. Been meaning to give that a try. We cooked in the oven instead.

jimk

A friend of mine recently used the term Covid 15, meaning something similar to the Freshman 15. We're all going to gain 15 lbs this spring! My wife's been cooking up a storm too. I do my part and once a week bravely go to the grocery store to keep her supplied:spin:

jimmywilson69

Easter dinner...

A Chardonnay from the Finger Lakes for the Crab Cakes, a Chateauneuf du Pape for the Lamb, and an Ice Wine to go with the Creme Brulee

I haven't been to Domaine Leserre. I am a big fan of the Reds that Standing Stone is making.

I haven't been up there since we went with a gang of friends 3 years ago for my wife and I's 40th. Just looked and we almost stayed down the road from Domaine Leseurre

cdskier

I haven't been to Domaine Leserre. I am a big fan of the Reds that Standing Stone is making.

I haven't been up there since we went with a gang of friends 3 years ago for my wife and I's 40th. Just looked and we almost stayed down the road from Domaine Leseurre

Domaine Leseurre makes some great wines. The couple that owns it are French and their families have been making wine in France for generations. Right next door to Domaine Leseurre is another new winery called Weis that is also off to a nice start with the wines they've made so far.

Standing Stone is now owned by Wiemer. I want to say that purchase happened less than 3 years ago so you might see some changes next time you are there. They just finished renovating the tasting room this past summer. Looks fantastic now. Wiemer is keeping Standing Stone as their own unique brand and not trying to change too much on the wine side. Although in 2018 they did "steal" all of Standing Stone's Riesling grapes for use in Wiemer's own wine due to lower yields in their own vineyards that year. Standing Stone's Farm Red was just featured in an NYT article a couple weeks ago on great value wines for stay at home drinking.

jimmywilson69

Well I like Weimer too so I guess this isn't a bad thing...

The guy who owned Standing Stone was a bit pretentious. If that vibe has been removed from the tasting room, that will be an improvement. That being said, he kind of earned that pretentiousness because his wines are good, but its a real turnoff to me.

cdskier

Well I like Weimer too so I guess this isn't a bad thing...

The guy who owned Standing Stone was a bit pretentious. If that vibe has been removed from the tasting room, that will be an improvement. That being said, he kind of earned that pretentiousness because his wines are good, but its a real turnoff to me.

Hmm...now I'm wondering if you are thinking of Shalestone instead of Standing Stone based on your comment about the owner. Shalestone's owner definitely has that attitude and is frequently in the tasting room there. At Standing Stone, I don't think I ever personally met the old owners and not sure how often they were even in the tasting room.

I do like Shalestone's reds (they only make red), but I avoid them mostly because I don't care for the vibe in the tasting room there.

jimmywilson69

yep shalestone... I actually like both standing and shalestone and I often get them confused in name especially since they are close to each other.

and glad you are confirming the vibe in Shalestone.

cdskier

yep shalestone... I actually like both standing and shalestone and I often get them confused in name especially since they are close to each other.

and glad you are confirming the vibe in Shalestone.

Yup...definitely easy to mix up. I have friends and family that have done the same thing with those 2 places.

I'm actually glad to hear someone else confirm that vibe too. I've seen numerous people online and in articles talk about how great the guy and experience there is, so was surprised to have a disappointing experience there (and I tried twice just in case the first time was a fluke). I really enjoy his wines so it was a shame.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
My Wife Accidentally solved the US toilet paper shortage mystery while ordering food on Amazon.....She thought this was a joke ...It's real
https://www.amazon.com/Poop-Like-Champion-Highest-servings/dp/B0186GEX8E#customerReviews

Review by Jan O or maybe Ohhhhhhhhh

"I'm on a low carb diet, and I thought this would be a great cereal to try. The order arrived Saturday. I'd just finished a 2 mile walk - and I'd had a lot of water to drink as suggested in other reviews. I tried a bowl (1/2 cup) with almond milk and a little fruit. It tasted ok - nothing spectacular. More water. More walking. Nothing. More water. More walking. Nothing. I decided that another 1/2 cup bowl might work, so I had another 1/2 cup bowl that night for dinner. More water. More walking. Nothing. And then the cramps started. I was up all night with stomach cramps and gas. I had many "false alarms" throughout the night. But nothing. Based on what was happening in my stomach, I was almost afraid to fall asleep, but I finally did around 4 a.m.
The cramps were gone the next morning. I had a "normal" low carb breakfast of coffee, bacon and eggs. Nothing. We went shopping - did a lot of walking - nothing. We needed to make a quick run to Walmart, and as soon as I stepped in the door it hit me. I had to go. Like right then. Luckily, the restrooms were by the front entrance. I'd like to take a moment to express my deepest condolences to anyone that was in the other stalls in the restroom. It wasn't pretty. And I couldn't stop going. I remember thinking, "So this is how I'm going to die. In a Walmart restroom." When I finally returned to the store, my husband looked concerned.

I had 2 less traumatic movements later in the day, but I stayed close to home. I was NOT going to risk another emergency. After another crazy bowel movement this morning, I'm beginning to wonder if I've done permanent damage to my digestive system.

Bottom line - it works - you just may need to wait for it. DON'T eat more than recommended. You'll regret it."

Cornhead

I used to like reading cereal boxes while eating the cereal when I was a kid. Not sure I'd be reading this one.

511KeiVHtLL._AC_SY400_.jpeg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app