When skiing returns - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Planker View Post
    YES, especially since most people at K are coming from NYC or the metro area... Yikes !
    I know this year is a whole new ball game but when I ski at K in May I wouldn’t say most of the people are from NYC or the metro area. Mass, CT, VT and NH are the most prevalent license plates I see. NY and NJ are sprinkled in.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I'm hopeful Killington will re-open in May. We'll have a better idea come Easter if we're going down the other side of this curve. From a logistical standpoint it's almost nothing for them to open...4-5 lifties, a couple bar tenders at the Ubar, and a few ski patrollers. No K1 lodge as that's scheduled to be demoed. Staff should be there for the mountain biking and golf operations which start up mid-May traditionally.

And as I've said before the skiers will come out in DROVES and the atmosphere will be epic next time they open for skiing (whether that be May or October).
    I wouldn't be counting on it this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see no summer activity until mid-summer at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    I wouldn't be counting on it this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see no summer activity until mid-summer at the earliest.
    Yeah, I don't see summer operations going until 7/4. Which won't have much impact on the bottom line of the resorts so it's a no brainer to delay from their perspective

Next Year

I'm not overly optimistic, but hoping there is a chance I get to use my senior season pass to ski Snowbird again in the next couple of months.

They've consistently left a small amount of wiggle room in their virus announcements for the possibility of reopening. On March 21 they said, "extend(ing) the suspension of our operations indefinitely. We are closed for now and, while we cannot underestimate the extreme fluidity of our current situation, our goal is to reopen when we can." On March 13 as many resorts were announcing impending closures they said, "we plan to maintain operations through the spring." They closed two days later during the weekend wave when most other North American resorts closed too.

Today 3/25 the Utah Governor issued his plan for the health and economic recovery of the state. He did NOT issue a shelter in place plan like other states or cities have done. But neither is he on the "back by Easter" idea Trump floated the other day.

We shall see. Stay safe all.

I still don't think people quite grasp the seriousness of this. And maybe it will take someone they know personally falling victim to this before they truly understand. Sadly I lost a 45 y/o co-worker tonight. Hard to even think about skiing now...

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I still don't think people quite grasp the seriousness of this. And maybe it will take someone they know personally falling victim to this before they truly understand. Sadly I lost a 45 y/o co-worker tonight. Hard to even think about skiing now...
    I very sorry about that
    I unfortunately agree with u

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

Did they have existing health issues that you knew of?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Sad situation all around with this.

Yesterday at the River, they were putting the gondolas back on the chondi. The Spruce chairs are wrapped in plastic to protect from UV, the pads are off the Whitecap chairs and the Barker chair. That, or the Locke mountain triple, is what they use for the last bits of skiing, so it's just not happening this season at the River. Looking for October or November.
    lovin life,

Bob

Thread Information