When skiing returns - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I still don't think people quite grasp the seriousness of this. And maybe it will take someone they know personally falling victim to this before they truly understand. Sadly I lost a 45 y/o co-worker tonight. Hard to even think about skiing now...
    Condolences, your story will sadly be repeated often in the next several months. God help us all. Skiing seems so trivial at this point, embarrassingly so.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

Did they have existing health issues that you knew of?
    Somewhat. He did have some issues with reduced lung capacity due to a problem in the past.

We are the only ones really thinking about skiing. It is spring in the flatlands so it is not on everyone's mind. Golf was and then the courses got shut down in MA yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    We are the only ones really thinking about skiing. It is spring in the flatlands so it is not on everyone's mind. Golf was and then the courses got shut down in MA yesterday.
    And here in Maine, they are trying to get them open to give some activity to people where distance is a natural result of the activity.
    lovin life,

Bob

If we have skiing next season I'll be happy

First time in 25 years im not even thinking of skiing..i have to go into nyc twice a week..pretty much thinking of that..and whats going to happen if this drags on for months...which it will
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

I will be happy to have the 2021-2022 season start off without issue at this point. We are in uncharted territory.

Killington may be able to open for a bit, but also remember there are sections of Superstar that are well under the typical spring depth. They had planned to make snow for ~48 more hours.

.. realistically .. few care now whether Superstar has any skiable snow .. or if it reopens for Easter. At this point, many would simply hope for the possibility that skiing returns as an option next year.
    One step .. one day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    And here in Maine, they are trying to get them open to give some activity to people where distance is a natural result of the activity.
    Maybe if they either say walking only or 1 person per cart.

Either way, I'd be surprised if they allow the courses to stay open for long. They closed Acadia National park today. If there's concern about people hiking in a park, I'd imagine there will be concern about people congregating on a golf course. Though perhaps the park closure is to discourage people from Mass traveling to Maine and spreading the disease.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

When skiing returns

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    I will be happy to have the 2021-2022 season start off without issue at this point. We are in uncharted territory.
    This is the best case scenario, but I’m guessing it’s realistic.

Thread Information