• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your best run this year.

thebigo

No politics, no virus - just your best run this year.

I struggled but it was likely nh primary day at the cat. My wife joined my daughter and I, a rare occurrence. We spent the morning on a combination of lynx, polecat and catapult. Then Heather served us a great lunch before the old lady called it quits, last run was trees off upper catapult, rejoin middle and under the quad for hooting and hollering. Rare occurrence but you know when the midweek wildcat quad is praising, you are skiing.

Your best run of the year?

Last edited:

jimk

Nice thread idea.
March 2, 2020 Snowbird, UT. My tracks are one of the four of five you see in upper center of photo. This is sort of near the Rasta Chutes area by Little Cloud lift.
1079859806_snowbirdmar2instructor.jpg.2db4762288827d8991877e6b8696fc7b.jpg

Found a related photo same time, this is what it looked like from above, except I traversed over a little farther to skier's left before I hit it.
little cloud powder.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyr

Good thread! My run of the year was an off the map gladed area at Beaver Creek accessed from the Strawberry Lift. The weather, scenery, snow, and company I was skiing with were perfect.....20200218_100445.jpg20200218_100702.jpg20200218_100603.jpg20200218_101149.jpg

Sent from my SM-T860 using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Zand

Trying to think back to figure this one out. Didn't have any huge powder days. Just a couple decent spring days. I'm thinking that it has to be something from Jackson but nothing really sticks out because there were tons of great ones but not like I had a 30" powder run or something. So I'll go with one that wasn't pretty but one I'll always remember...

Corbet's.

RustyGroomer

The only one documented with a pics. Not super deep. Just a perfect day with nice soft snow.

Attachments

• Me-20-1.jpg
    Me-20-1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Me-20.jpg
    Me-20.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 90

mikec142

Unfortunately, my season was cut short due to injury so I'll just have to go with a powdery bump run on Exterminator at SB.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Powder day at Killington February 26th. Wasn't deep but it was dense and got everything into play. Wind was forcasted to be bad so very minimal crowds. Honestly can't remember a day I got more first tracks. I was literally the first set of tracks through Centerpiece at 12:30pm. Lots of laps through Anarchy ridge. A+ day.

Tonyr

Trying to think back to figure this one out. Didn't have any huge powder days. Just a couple decent spring days. I'm thinking that it has to be something from Jackson but nothing really sticks out because there were tons of great ones but not like I had a 30" powder run or something. So I'll go with one that wasn't pretty but one I'll always remember...

Corbet's.

I wish you had pictures of that one!........How hard was Corbet's? I've heard that the drop in is pretty nasty but that the run is not so bad once you get past that part.

Smellytele

Stowe Feb 28th - 30” of untouched heaven. All over but really enjoyed the riverbed and out past the Bench.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

It was more best day of the season was Mccolley
after they bunch of lake effect late February
I got to ski that weekend with my friends Cornhead and Rambo
It was last weekend of my ski season
Great hill constantly nice pitch

Tonyr

Stowe Feb 28th - 30” of untouched heaven. All over but really enjoyed the riverbed and out past the Bench.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

The Riverbed is my favorite side country trail at Stowe. I skied it a number of times over MLK weekend, what a great trail.

xlr8r

Attitash December 31st opening bell down Morningstar-Cub's Cut-Bearfoot, 12" of new snow in last 24hrs

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Since we Hunter folks didn't have a real natural powerday all year. I'll have to say it was late February skiers right (way right!) on Gun Hill Road in a blizzard of the best snowmaking Hunter has offered in quite some time 12 in plus! Must of done it 10 times all of them fresh tracks........ till the word got out.

kingslug

That was on 12-12..I was there..ran into 2 guys flying around..so we flew around in it all day...was that you?
12-2 Hunter had the big storm

jaybird

My best run of the year was my last run of the year .. torching Sigi's .. chasing down my rippin' daughter. :slap:

Panorama.jpg

jg17

Best run of the season was Ptarmigan Glades at Lake Louise. The 5 in our group were lucky to get our own guides on the mountain tour, which was a nice surprise. We didn't get fresh snow during our trip, but it was still super smooth and the spacing was fun but not too challenging for anyone in our group. One of the most fun runs I can remember in the last few years.