Ski Resort Response to COVID-19 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I had 4 prepaid lift tickets I planned to use on vacation this week, they're honoring them until 12/24/20. Would rather they be honored late-season instead, but better than nothing.
    A lot of places are doing that. Better than nothing is right.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Live, Ski, or Die!

Pico and Killington sent an email yesterday to passholders saying they will be in touch in May with their approach to the season ending early. I am a regular season pass holder at Pico so for K Spring passes any news could be on a different timeline.

https://www.picomountain.com/the-mou...navirus-impact
    2019-2020: 35 (Pico 9, Wachusett 5, Sunapee 4, Crotched 3, Skiway 2, Sugarbush, Cannon 2, BEast, Whaleback, Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Kirkwood, Heavenly 2, Sierra at Tahoe)
    2018-2019: 36, 2017-2018 season: 43, 2016-2017 season: 43, 2015-2016 season: 27, 2014-2015 season: 29, 2013-2014 season: 25

Quote Originally Posted by medfordmike View Post
    Pico and Killington sent an email yesterday to passholders saying they will be in touch in May with their approach to the season ending early. I am a regular season pass holder at Pico so for K Spring passes any news could be on a different timeline.

https://www.picomountain.com/the-mou...navirus-impact
    While I am expecting nothing because the season ended early I got the K email yesterday also and thought that while it is totally unnecessary for me it shows a lot of class that they are even considering doing anything.

Whatever they offer me will only reinforce my desire to purchase another K pass for next season. And that is brilliant marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    While I am expecting nothing because the season ended early I got the K email yesterday also and thought that while it is totally unnecessary for me it shows a lot of class that they are even considering doing anything.

Whatever they offer me will only reinforce my desire to purchase another K pass for next season. And that is brilliant marketing.
    Agreed. I think a lot of resorts are trying to make this a positive.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

You’re buying one anyway no reinforcement needed

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

I believe that Sugarbush will allow you to use your unused quad packs up to Christmas of next year.

Totally agreed. But in a Pico context : -)
    2019-2020: 35 (Pico 9, Wachusett 5, Sunapee 4, Crotched 3, Skiway 2, Sugarbush, Cannon 2, BEast, Whaleback, Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Kirkwood, Heavenly 2, Sierra at Tahoe)
    2018-2019: 36, 2017-2018 season: 43, 2016-2017 season: 43, 2015-2016 season: 27, 2014-2015 season: 29, 2013-2014 season: 25

A seasons pass is an exchange.

The mountain gets your money up front, and you get a CHANCE at a cost/day that is lower than the walk up rate.

It's not a guarantee.

It could rain all season. You could lose your job. Your could get sick. You could die.

For something out of the mountain's control, they don't owe you anything.

They could choose to do something, for a marketing advantage vs competitors or whatever. But they don't owe you squat.

OP, or anyone, what was your cost per day this season? How does it compare to the rack rate?

Sunday River did a hard reverse course today and all use of the mountain is now prohibited and if you access, it will be considered trespassing. Further, all of their Lodging establishments they control are now closed UFN.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

The only people that deserve refunds or credits are for prepaid day tickets (10 packs, etc) and special passes like the the Killington spring pass.

Everybody else with a full season pass that complains should just suck it. Actually, If I was a manager at a resort I'd offer some sort of a refund for the complainers....but permanently ban them from skiing there again. Any credit or discount on the next season is just a gift, and I continue to believe that this may not be over by next ski season. Does anybody have the magic cure yet? Guess what, there isn't one as of today.

Season passes offer an incredible discount with no set guarantee on season length or getting the maximum value possible. We've been lucky in the east but many resorts in California have gotten nuked on and off the past few seasons will almost no snow and have closed way earlier than normal.
    2017/2018

Thread Information