Ski Resort Response to COVID-19 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    A seasons pass is an exchange.

The mountain gets your money up front, and you get a CHANCE at a cost/day that is lower than the walk up rate.

It's not a guarantee.

It could rain all season. You could lose your job. Your could get sick. You could die.

For something out of the mountain's control, they don't owe you anything.

They could choose to do something, for a marketing advantage vs competitors or whatever. But they don't owe you squat.

OP, or anyone, what was your cost per day this season? How does it compare to the rack rate?
    Again, that’s not the point of this thread....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I'm definitely paying the extra $40 to get Pass Insurance on my Ikon next year.

There's no telling when this COVID-19 thing will end. And even if it ends, I expect there to be a second wave next winter.

On that note, I'm sure the lawyers of IKON and EPIC right now are re-writing the pass insurance fine print for next year so that people can't be refunded if COVID-19 continues. I mean the insurance industry motto is "pay us, then when you need a refund we'll tell you why your payment doesn't cover anything".

Quote Originally Posted by gregnye View Post

There's no telling when this COVID-19 thing will end. And even if it ends, I expect there to be a second wave next winter.

On that note, I'm sure the lawyers of IKON and EPIC right now are re-writing the pass insurance fine print for next year so that people can't be refunded if COVID-19 continues. I mean the insurance industry motto is "pay us, then when you need a refund we'll tell you why your payment doesn't cover anything".

Or you can just wait til the fall (pay a slightly higher price) and see where this goes before spending hundreds or thousands on passes. The beauty of the free market.

Jay Peak offers a no-questions-asked refund till October 1st. You can therfore lock in the best rate and wait and see.

The end will be in sight when there is a widely available vaccine or when at least 60% of the population has been infected, which ever comes first.

Pass insurance would not cover this, not in the past not now. If you got sick and couldn't ski pass insurance might help. If the resort closes pass insurance does not protect you.

Your jab at the insurance industry indicates you've been burned before for not fully understanding what is not covered.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post

Burke offered a $200 credit to passholders; $50 credit for those who had other products.
    Huh?

From their website: IF YOUR HOUSEHOLD PASS PURCHASE LAST YEAR WAS $489 OR MORE YOU WILL RECEIVE A $100 CREDIT. ALL OTHER PASS PURCHASES WILL RECEIVE A $50 CREDIT.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Huh?

From their website: IF YOUR HOUSEHOLD PASS PURCHASE LAST YEAR WAS $489 OR MORE YOU WILL RECEIVE A $100 CREDIT. ALL OTHER PASS PURCHASES WILL RECEIVE A $50 CREDIT.
    Seems very fair and generous to me considering they legally obligated to $0 worth of credit.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    Seems very fair and generous to me considering they legally obligated to $0 worth of credit.
    I wasn’t suggesting otherwise.

Not suggesting any suggestions.

For Ikon I don't expect any sort of credit, but would happily accept.

But if they want me to buy one for next season they are basically going to have to escrow my money until November with a refund period if this isn't under control. Or give me a huge discount with no guarantees.

The days of prepaying for anything are pretty much dead unless you are willing to part with your money.
    2017/2018

If there is no season then they have to refund regardless of insurance. You are paying for a service and if they can't supply said service then you get your money back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Thread Information