• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

Funky_Catskills

Strangely - Hunter just has the go at your own risk sign up at the North area. Although I've heard the town has asked people to not ski due to saving the volunteer emergency medical people from potential exposure. We walk to the snow at the base of north daily - I haven't seen anybody skiing... It's strange - theres a shit ton of snow still there.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sorry - didn't realize that trail was part of the LT system.

Ah, good point. The State has asked folks to stay off the "state owned portions of the LT". I think that Bucklin is a feeder trail to the LT, and if it is on state land, I think that the same recommendation applies.

That said, it is a real gray area. They want folks to recreate, but not doing high risk activities or congregating in groups.

And honestly, there are not going to be police at the trailheads. Use common sense and stay off for now.

cdskier

Sorry - didn't realize that trail was part of the LT system.

It is considered a side trail in division 5... https://www.greenmountainclub.org/the-long-trail/side-to-side/

I'm not personally familiar with Bucklin. In theory it could be open if it is entirely on private land as the state has no control over that. But any parts on public land are closed. TrailBoss's link would cover this topic (in general, not specific trails). But it is also mentioned on GMC's website.

skiur

Technically speaking, the state of VT can't close the long trail at K because it is also the Appalachian trail.

cdskier

Technically speaking, the state of VT can't close the long trail at K because it is also the Appalachian trail.

Umm...you do realize that the AT is also closed in VT (and many other states)...right?

https://wildeast.appalachiantrail.o...re/hiking-basics/health/covid19/a-t-closures/

Appalachian Trail/Long Trail and side trails on state land – CLOSED

(4/7/2020) The Appalachian Trail/Long Trail and side trails on state lands are closed by the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation

The ATC also recommended (and requested) formal closure of the ENTIRE AT on public lands.

VTKilarney

You shouldn’t be on trails this time of year anyway in order to prevent damage.

cdskier

No, I doubt the entire Appalachian trail is covered in snow right now, but the part that runs over Killington that we are talking about is.

I think he meant more the side trails to get to that point...

Smellytele

Cannon:
We moved the deadline for the best price to June 30th on Cannon Passes.
- We also extended the offer to get a Cannon Bonus Card loaded with 3-$25 tickets to June 30th.
- We'll reassess deadlines and offers as we navigate the current health crisis, and post any updates.
- See the Season Pass Page for details

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Cannon:
We moved the deadline for the best price to June 30th on Cannon Passes.
- We also extended the offer to get a Cannon Bonus Card loaded with 3-$25 tickets to June 30th.
- We'll reassess deadlines and offers as we navigate the current health crisis, and post any updates.
- See the Season Pass Page for details

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cool. Thanks. I stopped by Cannon to get some swag on my last trip to Vermont last month literally the day before the store closed. I was so envious of those skiing. But I did get two days in at Burke.

Hawk

Sugarbush has their webcams on and Win even posts updates from the plaza and at his house. He's got a good Corona beard going it looks. LOL

WinS

Sugarbush has their webcams on and Win even posts updates from the plaza and at his house. He's got a good Corona beard going it looks. LOL
S

Wait until you see it this Saturday :-D