• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

ScottySkis

❗️ BLOOD DONORS NEEDED ❗️
One of our nurses, Soraya Urban-Bell, is critically ill at
Albany Med and is *urgently* in need of A positive plasma.

If you have tested positive with the #covid19 virus and are now back to good health, your blood donation is needed. Please call: 518-262-9340 to the Albany Convalescent Plasma program for more information on how you can help.

THANK YOU ❤️❤️❤️
Just saw on social media please
This is best new evidence of helping people I believe

dblskifanatic

❗️ BLOOD DONORS NEEDED ❗️
One of our nurses, Soraya Urban-Bell, is critically ill at
Albany Med and is *urgently* in need of A positive plasma.

If you have tested positive with the #covid19 virus and are now back to good health, your blood donation is needed. Please call: 518-262-9340 to the Albany Convalescent Plasma program for more information on how you can help.

THANK YOU ❤️❤️❤️
Just saw on social media please
This is best new evidence of helping people I believe

This a great point but I think it gets better attention in it’s own thread rather than being buried in a ski resort response thread. Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

https://www.killington.com/the-mountain/webcams/mountain/superstar-cam

Lots of snow left. Will it outlast the shutdown ???? Slim chance but maybe?

I bet the snow will outlast the shutdown, but I am not sure what/if the parameters around a reopening will allow for gatherings the size and proximity of folks, that would likely show up if Killington was able to reopen to skiing in the next couple of weeks, since proper social distancing is likely to be a component of a reopening plan

machski

tumbler

Domeskier

I hope the locals get to skin it at least once restrictions are lifted. Would hate to see those seeded bumps melt unused.

cdskier

Would be an interesting experiment to see if the snow lasts longer from not being groomed everyday. I always thought grooming it makes it melt faster.

Not just not being groomed, but also not even being skied for the most part...I'd think that has some impact as well.

Kleetus

I hope the locals get to skin it at least once restrictions are lifted. Would hate to see those seeded bumps melt unused.

Well somebody up there was skinning it restrictions or not. I happened to pop on the Bear Mt. webcam a few minutes ago and low and behold somebody was skiing down with their pups.

JDMRoma

Well somebody up there was skinning it restrictions or not. I happened to pop on the Bear Mt. webcam a few minutes ago and low and behold somebody was skiing down with their pups.

I saw someone on superstar earlier today on the way up ! Looks like TONS of snow left !

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
What I hear is there's "limited enforcement" of the no trespassing at K. Honestly though if you're there and your car doesn't have green plates expect to have tires slashed and a busted windshield when you return.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'm not giving up hope on a couple late-May weekends. I'm not optimistic, but think it's within the realm of possibility. I think in 2 weeks we'll have an idea whether the hope is alive or if it's not happening.

5 weeks ago no one thought this would be our world, no way to predict what the next 5 will bring.

skiur

I'm not giving up hope on a couple late-May weekends. I'm not optimistic, but think it's within the realm of possibility. I think in 2 weeks we'll have an idea whether the hope is alive or if it's not happening.

5 weeks ago no one thought this would be our world, no way to predict what the next 5 will bring.

The Vermont stay at home order is until 5-15, so will have a better idea then.

icecoast1

They're not going to allow mass gatherings for a while. That will prevent Killington from opening before next season, providing they would even want to. That place would be a zoo.

puckoach

Not just not being groomed, but also not even being skied for the most part...I'd think that has some impact as well.

Sun has the biggest impact on melting.

Skiers and groomers add some heat. More so, winch cats on steeps - moving slowly, engine and metal tracks. But, marginal impact IMHO.

VTKilarney

It seems pretty obvious to me that large gatherings will be banned through at least the summer. There are rumors in Britain that pubs may be closed through the end of the year. If we see a second wave in the United States, don't be surprised if ski area bars are forced to close for at least part of next season.