• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

abc

That is kind of crazy! I have been to a lot of places and have not seen that yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clearly you’re NOT living in the northeast! ;)

That’s been the case in many campground bathrooms. It’s to stop people from standing shoulder to shoulder in the bathroom

Last edited:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
They no longer need to go deep up your nose. I was tested recently and they go in just a little and have you breath for about 30 seconds then put it in a tube. East peasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally easy I order the home covid pcr test and do it myself.

Sent from my SM-G988U using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

VT no longer has e country by county travel map. Now everyone is supposed to quarantine. No real difference, unless you're in Aroostook county.

drjeff

VT no longer has e country by county travel map. Now everyone is supposed to quarantine. No real difference, unless you're in Aroostook county.
Probably going to yield the same result as many other states, such as my home state of CT, have had with quarantine travel restrictions from others states, in effect all Summer, which was about the same number of license plates from some of those quarantine states, at the beach, as you would typically see in a normal Summer....

And I am still searching for a rational answer as to how if I travel the 130 miles from my house in CT to my condo at Mount Snow, as that's any different in Covid risk than if someone who lives in Burlington, VT, travels the 132 miles to Mount Snow, as my my home County in CT, Windham County(not to be confused with Windham County VT which is actually where my condo is), and Chittenden County in VT, current have the exact same 800+ cases per million rate, and yet there's probably more actual cases in Chittenden County than in my home County in CT as there any extra 50k population in Chittenden County as in my home county in CT.

Even though we're comparing different colored apples, we're still comparing apples

kingslug

People are going to go skiing..almost no one will be taking a week off from work to quarantine to go for a weekend of skiing..its simply not possible. Just look at how many people are signing up for reservations...yup..theyre all going to quarantine for a week every time they go skiing...yup...

BenedictGomez

I am still searching for a rational answer as to how if I travel the 130 miles from my house in CT to my condo at Mount Snow, as that's any different in Covid risk than if someone who lives in Burlington, VT, travels the 132 miles to Mount Snow,

Oh, it is a VASTLY different Covid risk, it's just that the "risk" via the former is merely medical, whereas the risk via the latter is both medical AND political.

Edd

Oh, it is a VASTLY different Covid risk, it's just that the "risk" via the former is merely medical, whereas the risk via the latter is both medical AND political.
Must bother you that Trump politicized it so thoroughly. Kind of fucked him in the end.

drjeff

Oh I fully get that!

Heck, the political side in my own profession is currently try and save face now that some actual, concrete data, has come out showing that the incidence of spread within my profession, and in particular dental hygienists, was less than 0.25% (and that's incidence of positive test, not fatalities, and the study flat out cited that there was no way to be 100% certain that the infection actually happened while at work), and the hygienists, and many aligned politicians were basically convinced they were all going to die by going back to work, and especially if they went back to work while the extra $600 of unemployment weekly, was still on the table :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Science is blind, unless of course it can be politicized in a way to either negatively effect one's political opponents, or possible allow some of one's political allies to profit greatly from it....

cdskier

And now all but 2 VT counties would have qualified for their own quarantine rules...

BenedictGomez

Must bother you that Trump politicized it so thoroughly. Kind of fucked him in the end.

Wow. You must be one rabid ideologue if you dont think both parties politicized it, and bonus points for not realizing the left & the left-wing media politicized it far more!

Edd

Wow. You must be one rabid ideologue if you dont think both parties politicized it, and bonus points for not realizing the left & the left-wing media politicized it far more!
“Rabid ideologue”? You're hitting the gas pedal fast.

farlep99

And I am still searching for a rational answer as to how if I travel the 130 miles from my house in CT to my condo at Mount Snow, as that's any different in Covid risk than if someone who lives in Burlington, VT, travels the 132 miles to Mount Snow, as my my home County in CT,
For those wondering about this the answer is because of contact tracing. The exemption on VT counties that are above the state threshold comes down to it being far more complicated to perform effective contact tracing on those residing out of state than those who remain in state. The Dept of Health doesn't have the resources to contact trace in CT, NY, NH, MA, ME, RI, PA, etc. The more travel across multiple states that happens, the harder it will be for the state to contain any outbreaks via contact tracing.

BenedictGomez

For those wondering about this the answer is because of contact tracing. The exemption on VT counties that are above the state threshold comes down to it being far more complicated to perform effective contact tracing on those residing out of state than those who remain in state.

I'll be dambed. You actually believe this, huh?

Now Machiavell is gloating from his grave.

drjeff

For those wondering about this the answer is because of contact tracing. The exemption on VT counties that are above the state threshold comes down to it being far more complicated to perform effective contact tracing on those residing out of state than those who remain in state. The Dept of Health doesn't have the resources to contact trace in CT, NY, NH, MA, ME, RI, PA, etc. The more travel across multiple states that happens, the harder it will be for the state to contain any outbreaks via contact tracing.

And isn't it amazing how no state DPH's actually can pick up the phone and call another state? I mean those phone things aren't as reliable as the good 'ol pony express mail delivery system, but I could see where they may someday have some potential.

Just waiting for folks, who drank all of the "COVID Kool-aid" to settle down for a minute, take a deep breath, and actually look at the risk factors, and in particular the risk factors in various age demographics and co-morbidities, and then think about if the mass, "one size fits all" approach that has been taken, is actually the most effective way, especially when one factors in other things such as the economic impacts as well as the psychological impacts going on as well.

COVID certainly can be a life threatening disease for some, I don't dispute or question that at all. People should be careful with how they manage their personal spaces while in public, and hand and face hygiene. I don't dispute that at all. One though needs to also critically think if the measures taken thus far, with essentially shutting down the various states at times for all, is actually the most effective approach to this? Again my personal perspective, as someone who has basically been working non stop, in a profession deemed high risk with close proximity to the oral cavity and aerosol spray generation, and really haven't been wearing much more PPE than I had been for the last 25 years or so, and done so, not just myself, but my staff as well, SAFELY, really gets one thinking about if the approaches the various state governments have been taking, are actually the most effective, especially when you also have to consider the economic and psychologic effects that in reality have affected more than COVID itself has

Smellytele

Oh so it is about keeping citizens of other states healthy not about keeping vt’ers healthy.