• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

VTKilarney

The quarantine rules are being broken left and right. I am surprised that states aren't making examples of some lodging operators.

slatham

Who’s going to enforce this? No Covid cops ...yet.

Yes this is certainly more the honor system. And doing the right thing during an unprecedented pandemic - though this doesn't matter to a surprisingly large group of people......

However, it's more about potential liability. If you do not follow the quarantine and you end up sick you could have issues. If you end up giving it someone else you could have bigger issues. If you've checked into a hotel (or ski area?) and attested to meeting the quarantine and have not, you could have issues.

prsboogie

I don't get why douche nozzles can't figure this out. You cannot walk into a convenience store without a shirt and expect service, same applies to masks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EPB

I don't get why douche nozzles can't figure this out. You cannot walk into a convenience store without a shirt and expect service, same applies to masks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Depends on where you are, right? In NJ suburbia where am, it's required and I haven't seen anyone try to get service without one. We were also the most heavily affected state in terms of death/capita, so people are naturally cautious.

Less affected comminutes presumably feel less of a need to mask up. Feels like more of a wedge issue to get people riled up and in front of their favorite performative news outlet than anything.

Our best way to have avoided excess deaths in greater NYC would have been to not send sick elderly people back to nursing homes. Not many people calling our fearless leaders "douche nozzles" though.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

The quarantine rules are being broken left and right. I am surprised that states aren't making examples of some lodging operators.

I was at Stowe yesterday, and they're running the gondys. It's absurd for Vermont to have all these strict COVID19 regulations & simultaneously allow people to ride in coronavirus pods. That is not "following the science".

Also, in New Jersey everyone's following the mask rules. Yesterday in Jeffersonville was the first time I've seen people indoors in stores without a mask in months. Not passing judgements, just noticed that as in interesting observation.

tnt1234

I was at Stowe yesterday, and they're running the gondys. It's absurd for Vermont to have all these strict COVID19 regulations & simultaneously allow people to ride in coronavirus pods. That is not "following the science".

Also, in New Jersey everyone's following the mask rules. Yesterday in Jeffersonville was the first time I've seen people indoors in stores without a mask in months. Not passing judgements, just noticed that as in interesting observation.

If you limit it to groups that arrived together, no different than riding in a car together.

icecoast1

NY is fining people for not following the two week rule or being cooperative when the state asks for your info. I completely disagree with the idea of it but I'm surprised with the stance VT has taken so far that.they arent enforcing there rules a bit more

cdskier

If you limit it to groups that arrived together, no different than riding in a car together.

I don't know about you, but I always know who was in my car before me. So it is quite different unless they're sanitizing them after each group gets out.

skiur

NY is fining people for not following the two week rule or being cooperative when the state asks for your info. I completely disagree with the idea of it but I'm surprised with the stance VT has taken so far that.they arent enforcing there rules a bit more

That is not true, Cuomo has threatened to do it but quarantine is being broken all over and not a single ticket has been issued. It's not really enforceable.

BenedictGomez

There's a great chance you'll get COVID19 if you ride in a car with someone COVID19 positive.

We're talking about literally millions of nanometer sized particulate lingering post exhalation in a tiny box of perhaps 25 square feet with poor ventilation regardless of windows & door left open.

And the "wiping it down after each ride" idea I keep hearing is virtually useless, as surface contact isn't a major issue. That's a "lawyer repellant" solution, not a medical solution.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
VT doesn't have the resources to enforce any restrictions they "mandate".

I've been in the state as an essential worker two - three days a week almost every week since the end of April. The hotel lodging restrictions were legit the first six weeks. You had to meet specific working criteria to get a hotel room at the very few open hotels. Second home owners wouldn't have to deal with that though.

Once the essential worker requirement for hotels expired, it's pretty much been free game back in VT except for restaurant capacity being reduced.

The only enforcement trying to keep people out beyond that this whole time has been electric highway signs telling visitors to quarantine.

How is NY pulling off catching and fining people?

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app