Ski Resort Response to COVID-19 - Page 73

AlpineZone

Page 73 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Yes tram at Bird has windows that open front and back. Correct you ski the whole place without the tram. One year I had a chairs-only pass and still had fun, but you can't lap the cirque area easily without the tram. But I'm too old to ski it over and over all day.

Is it correct that while reservations are required to park at Snowbird, parking still remains free?
    Last edited by jimk; Sep 19, 2020 at 8:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Also FYI, the Vermont Quarantine map will be updated on Tuesdays instead of Fridays starting next week (Sept 22), this should help weekend warriors planning a bit.
    That's excellent news - it will help quite a bunch - Friday updates were a pain - thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    but whatever..they will remove the restrictions if they want tourism this ski season..
    truth

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    Only? That's a 32 inch square of space for each person, less when you consider people do not space themselves precisely. That's crazy in light of every other restriction for indoor dining, 6 foot spacing, etc. I don't think I'd be one of the 25.
    Exactly. That's why it's all window-dressing & BS to "fool" people who dont bother to think too deeply (or at all).

Killington's another great example of this phony baloney.

Killington just had a significant COVID19 incident on property in a flipping banquet hall, which is a space just a wee bit bigger than a gondy car, in which a minimum of 25% of the people in that room contracted COVID19. I'm sure Killington will have all sorts of "safety measures" that are "strictly in place", but you better believe Killington's two gondolas will be running!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    Yes tram at Bird has windows that open front and back.
    I hate to sound like Debbie Downer, but there's an excellent argument to be made that limited directional airflow is quite possibly worse than no ventilation at all.

Here's a Chinese COVID19 contact tracing event I saved back when I was looking into all this stuff. The folks in line with the steady breeze of the AC got COVID19, no people off to the side became infected.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/images/20-0764-F1.jpg
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Vermont Gov eases restrictions

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/restr...eason/34076060

Article contains the following interesting graph:

Attachment 27040
    This is the first step towards easing the travel restrictions IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G988U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Exactly. That's why it's all window-dressing & BS to "fool" people who dont bother to think too deeply (or at all).

Killington just had a significant COVID19 incident on property in a flipping banquet hall, which is a space just a wee bit bigger than a gondy car, in which a minimum of 25% of the people in that room contracted COVID19. I'm sure Killington will have all sorts of "safety measures" that are "strictly in place", but you better believe Killington's two gondolas will be running!
    The covid outbreak in K was not on Killington property, but it was a Killington employees birthday party

I hate to sound like Debbie Downer, but there's an excellent argument to be made that limited directional airflow is quite possibly worse than no ventilation at all.

Here's a Chinese COVID19 contact tracing event I saved back when I was looking into all this stuff. The folks in line with the steady breeze of the AC got COVID19, no people off to the side became infected.

I'm hoping to ski for about three months at Snowbird this winter. Currently not inclined to ride the tram at all, even with only 25 people onboard. Maybe I'd try it if there were only 5 onboard, but I've never seen it that empty except in down-load mode or summertime. I would, however, be comfortable sharing a quad chair with one other stranger and that's probably what my modus operandi will be.

A) Not on K property
    B) Event had prolonged exposure, indoors, F&B consumed, no PPO, etc. The gondola while arguably is "indoors" has a near if not 100% air exchange each time the doors are opened. Folks will only be in there for 10 minutes, they'll have their faces covered, they won't be eating, etc.

Folks can keep harping on the issue of the Gondies but the solution is simply don't ride them if you are concerned. The risk of exposure is not zero but low. Unlike going into a store to get food, there are other options besides gondolas to get up the mountain.
    Last edited by Newpylong; Sep 20, 2020 at 8:51 AM.

There no way you’ll get me in a gondola or tram this season, but air coming out of an air conditioner is not the same as fresh outdoor air.

Thread Information