• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

urungus

Some Covid positive boner coughing on you on a chair lift ride?

I am not going to get on a chair with any strangers. I’m more concerned with standing next to a group of strangers for several minutes each time I’m waiting in the line for the chairlift.

abc

I am not going to get on a chair with any strangers. I’m more concerned with standing next to a group of strangers for several minutes each time I’m waiting in the line for the chairlift.
Use your skis and poles to enforce your “social distancing bubble”!

jimmywilson69

exactly

if you aren't in my social bubble you are going to be a ski pole away and arm length away from me whether you like it or not.

jimmywilson69

LOL

I wouldn't want to pop that person's bubble!

I love the Flaming Lips!

They used to start their concerts with the singer in one of those bubbles rolling out over the crowd while the band played an escalating in volume Jam.

tumbler

I like the 3 different color blues for VT that equal the green, yellow and red. And that all 3 blue colors are represented. :roll:

VTKilarney

At some point you have to wonder if Vermont just completely shuts down to non-essential out of state travelers.

cdskier

I like the 3 different color blues for VT that equal the green, yellow and red. And that all 3 blue colors are represented. :roll:

Yup...5 counties in VT that would qualify for their own travel restrictions and quarantine rules if they were in any other state...

mister moose

Yup...5 counties in VT that would qualify for their own travel restrictions and quarantine rules if they were in any other state...
When your numbers start looking too high, raise the map color thresholds.

BenedictGomez

Slimy even by low political standards. Someone paid attention in their psychology of colors unit during Marketing.

5 counties in VT that would qualify for their own travel restrictions and quarantine rules if they were in any other state...

Yet there's no intra-state travel restrictions in Vermont. Which makes sense, because, Vermont.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Today’s Vermont map update is not looking good

View attachment 27112

Lmao. That rural Virginia county probably has population under 2k and travel to neighboring counties is necessary to get to dat dem Wally-mart and de Dolla' Gen'ral where the RONA is sky high but they're safe to come to VT because they're in the lucky zip code.

I think a better way VT could go about this is tracking their hospital capacity. If under x number of ICU beds are available, ban all out-of-staters.

Slidebrook87

Lmao. That rural Virginia county probably has population under 2k and travel to neighboring counties is necessary to get to dat dem Wally-mart and de Dolla' Gen'ral where the RONA is sky high but they're safe to come to VT because they're in the lucky zip code.

I think a better way VT could go about this is tracking their hospital capacity. If under x number of ICU beds are available, ban all out-of-staters.

Or just put stronger enforcement and repercussions in place for those who do not follow safety guidelines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk