• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

drjeff

Mount Snow may very well have more folks in the parking lot, even with reduced folks on the hill this season. Multiple condo/2nd home communities in the general ski area vicinity, that have shuttle service by the local transportation system called the Moover, were notified formally by the Deerfield Valley Transportation Authority (the entity that operates the highly recognizable cow print painted buses in the region) that they won't be providing the regular condo community service this winter to 7 condo complexes that usually have them, due to a combo of limited drivers who are comfortable with winter crowds, the limited 50% capacity per bus, and the added need that Vail/Mount Snow has requested for for shuttles in/around the base areas and parking lots to handle bringing guests in from the parking lots to the base areas....

fbrissette

This 14 day quarantine..is voluntary..No one is actually checking anything..it would be impossible to do.

Agreed, although technically you could still be in trouble if you are stopped for a speeding ticket or if you have to show up at a clinic after a ski injury for example.

jimmywilson69

then all you have to say is you quarantined at home for 14 days...

If I want to go to VT to ski this winter I'll follow the recommendation. Its not a big deal I'm basically doing that anyways except to get groceries.

boston_e

Agreed, although technically you could still be in trouble if you are stopped for a speeding ticket or if you have to show up at a clinic after a ski injury for example.

Or if there is an outbreak and it somehow gets contact traced back to you that you were the one who brought it to the area.

I agree it is very hard to enforce, but I'm not sure I agree that hard to enforce is the same as voluntary (certainly not in the state's eyes anyway).

cdskier

Or if there is an outbreak and it somehow gets contact traced back to you that you were the one who brought it to the area.

I agree it is very hard to enforce, but I'm not sure I agree that hard to enforce is the same as voluntary (certainly not in the state's eyes anyway).

Exactly. "Voluntary" is not the right word at all.

boston_e

Exactly. "Voluntary" is not the right word at all.

With that said... I would not be surprised to see Vermont relax the restrictions to some extent so they are more similar to Massachusetts restrictions.

The reality is that pretty much no Vermont (or Maine) resort area is viable without customers from the surrounding states.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
With that said... I would not be surprised to see Vermont relax the restrictions to some extent so they are more similar to Massachusetts restrictions.

The reality is that pretty much no Vermont (or Maine) resort area is viable without customers from the surrounding states.
I believe they will as well. They recently invested 10 million in tourism ads.

Sent from my SM-G988U using AlpineZone mobile app

VTKilarney

The quarantine rules say that you can exercise outdoors alone. Just say that you are driving somewhere to go for a hike.

Governor Scott just allowed hotels to operate at 100% capacity and for bars to open.

Zermatt

Friend visiting VT from out of state (an illicit one) got a fish hook in their finger this summer and had to go the local ER.

Other than basic covid questions there was no grand interrogation about how long they have been quarantining for. In fact, no questions at all. They are medical professionals, they treated the injury and that was it.

urungus

Also FYI, the Vermont Quarantine map will be updated on Tuesdays instead of Fridays starting next week (Sept 22), this should help weekend warriors planning a bit.

BenedictGomez

Snowbird is going parking reservations for all guests so now it is confirmed

But lemme' guess..... their enclosed 180 square foot box will be running up & down the mountain from 8am to 4pm, all season long, amiright?

These are not serious people, and this is all about appealing to human perception (i.e. fooling people) rather than empirical fact.

machski

But lemme' guess..... their enclosed 180 square foot box will be running up & down the mountain from 8am to 4pm, all season long, amiright?

These are not serious people, and this is all about appealing to human perception (i.e. fooling people) rather than empirical fact.
Yes, but with only 25 riders per car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

mister moose

Yes, but with only 25 riders per car.

Only? That's a 32 inch square of space for each person, less when you consider people do not space themselves precisely. That's crazy in light of every other restriction for indoor dining, 6 foot spacing, etc. I don't think I'd be one of the 25.

kingslug

This is demonstrably false!
And that is a law..the quarantine is not a law as I see it. I looked up how they enforce it..they don't. Speed limits..yeah break those far enough and you go to jail in VT.
but whatever..they will remove the restrictions if they want tourism this ski season..

machski

Only? That's a 32 inch square of space for each person, less when you consider people do not space themselves precisely. That's crazy in light of every other restriction for indoor dining, 6 foot spacing, etc. I don't think I'd be one of the 25.
Does the bird tram have front and back shutter type windows? If so, I would bet those will be wide open all year regardless of the weather and would provide good ventilation. Snowbird isn't as critical as you can summit without the Tram anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app