Ski Resort Response to COVID-19 - Page 72

AlpineZone

Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Agreed, although technically you could still be in trouble if you are stopped for a speeding ticket or if you have to show up at a clinic after a ski injury for example.
    The quarantine rules say that you can exercise outdoors alone. Just say that you are driving somewhere to go for a hike.

Governor Scott just allowed hotels to operate at 100% capacity and for bars to open.

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Agreed, although technically you could still be in trouble if you are stopped for a speeding ticket or if you have to show up at a clinic after a ski injury for example.
    Friend visiting VT from out of state (an illicit one) got a fish hook in their finger this summer and had to go the local ER.

Other than basic covid questions there was no grand interrogation about how long they have been quarantining for. In fact, no questions at all. They are medical professionals, they treated the injury and that was it.

2017/2018

Vermont Gov eases restrictions

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/restr...eason/34076060

Article contains the following interesting graph:

A2FBDC9E-50E0-465E-8739-75207259E3F4.jpeg

Also FYI, the Vermont Quarantine map will be updated on Tuesdays instead of Fridays starting next week (Sept 22), this should help weekend warriors planning a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Snowbird is going parking reservations for all guests so now it is confirmed
    But lemme' guess..... their enclosed 180 square foot box will be running up & down the mountain from 8am to 4pm, all season long, amiright?

These are not serious people, and this is all about appealing to human perception (i.e. fooling people) rather than empirical fact.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    You can't go 60 in a 30 when cops aren't around.
    This is demonstrably false!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    But lemme' guess..... their enclosed 180 square foot box will be running up & down the mountain from 8am to 4pm, all season long, amiright?

These are not serious people, and this is all about appealing to human perception (i.e. fooling people) rather than empirical fact.
    Yes, but with only 25 riders per car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Yes, but with only 25 riders per car.
    Only? That's a 32 inch square of space for each person, less when you consider people do not space themselves precisely. That's crazy in light of every other restriction for indoor dining, 6 foot spacing, etc. I don't think I'd be one of the 25.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    This is demonstrably false!
    And that is a law..the quarantine is not a law as I see it. I looked up how they enforce it..they don't. Speed limits..yeah break those far enough and you go to jail in VT.
    but whatever..they will remove the restrictions if they want tourism this ski season..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    Only? That's a 32 inch square of space for each person, less when you consider people do not space themselves precisely. That's crazy in light of every other restriction for indoor dining, 6 foot spacing, etc. I don't think I'd be one of the 25.
    Does the bird tram have front and back shutter type windows? If so, I would bet those will be wide open all year regardless of the weather and would provide good ventilation. Snowbird isn't as critical as you can summit without the Tram anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information