Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 114 1231151101 ... LastLast

Post Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

So for most the season is over.

And for a lot of us, who are passholders, we are losing A LOT of the season. Just wondering what your resorts are doing for passholders to make up for the lost portion of the season (if anything).

Burke offered a $200 credit to passholders; $50 credit for those who had other products.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
    Epic says wait till end of April
    NEVER SUMMER!

I dont know. I get the argument for a refund but smaller areas probably can ill afford refunds. Id prefer to let it go and give them a stronger chance of remaining open. This was something not in their control, like bad spring weather.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Except for places like Killington that offered special passes for spring, is there really a need to refund passes? You had til mid march to use your pass, if you didn't get use out of it by then, that's on you

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    Except for places like Killington that offered special passes for spring, is there really a need to refund passes? You had til mid march to use your pass, if you didn't get use out of it by then, that's on you
    I agree. I "lost out" on 1.5 months roughly of potential skiing in the best case scenario IF the snow holds out to the typical start of May closing date for Sugarbush (that remains a big if looking at the forecast). Yet even so my cost per day on my pass was down to $18. Hard to say I didn't get my money's worth as is.

I agree.

totally agree. I used my epic pass 46 times from mid-November to Mid March. they don't owe me shit... The reality is that they closed my local place 1 day before planned.

Was I going to use it more? Absolutely I had planned on going to at least Jack Frost and maybe even somewhere further north through the end of March and into April.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    I agree.
    As a Jay Peak pass holder, I expect to ski till early May, with generally good conditions till mid-April. So cutting the season short has a definite impact on my skiing expectations and perceived value of my ski pass.

However, in extreme cases like this, I believe that the costs are to be shared by everyone, including the customer. If Jay Peak was to issue a partial refund, it would have to be on the back of additional layoffs or diminished benefits for workers. So I'm totally fine with getting no refund.

They have graciously offered the following for pass holders renewing next year, as well as extreme flexibility for refunds. I think this is more than fair, as I don't believe they actually had to do any of that.

• A Golf round, including cart (up to $105 value).
    • A day pass to the Pump House Indoor Waterpark ($41 value).
    • Two tickets to the Clips & Reels Movie Theatre ($10 value).
    • A transferable lift ticket for the 2020+21 Ski/Ride Season (up to $89 value).

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I don’t know. I get the argument for a refund but smaller areas probably can ill afford refunds. I’d prefer to let it go and give them a stronger chance of remaining open. This was something not in their control, like bad spring weather.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I agree. I "lost out" on 1.5 months roughly of potential skiing in the best case scenario IF the snow holds out to the typical start of May closing date for Sugarbush (that remains a big if looking at the forecast). Yet even so my cost per day on my pass was down to $18. Hard to say I didn't get my money's worth as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    totally agree. I used my epic pass 46 times from mid-November to Mid March. they don't owe me shit... The reality is that they closed my local place 1 day before planned.

Was I going to use it more? Absolutely I had planned on going to at least Jack Frost and maybe even somewhere further north through the end of March and into April.
    To be clear, I am not starting a debate as to what resorts should or should not do.

I was more interested to hear what areas are offering to their passholders.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post

They have graciously offered the following for pass holders renewing next year, as well as extreme flexibility for refunds.
    I had 4 prepaid lift tickets I planned to use on vacation this week, they're honoring them until 12/24/20. Would rather they be honored late-season instead, but better than nothing.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information