Ski Resort Response to COVID-19 - Page 79

AlpineZone

Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1198
  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Considering you couldn't even find a bike to buy, it makes sense. All forms of rec vehicles sold out all over the country..While some markets perished, this market thrived.
    Golf is another sport that has benefitted from the Covid crisis.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

  2. #782
    Governor of Colorado was just on CNBC saying it will be safe to be in gondys if it's all people in the same party.

    Yo-kay then Gov. Have at that.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Governor of Colorado was just on CNBC saying it will be safe to be in gondys if it's all people in the same party.

    Yo-kay then Gov. Have at that.
    BG I haven't seen any mountain say they WON'T allow up to full-capacity of chairs or cabins with members all of the same group.
    2019-2020 59 days and holding...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/4, 1/5, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, 2/16, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23, 3/7, 3/8
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23, 1/3, 1/30, 1/31, 2/13, 2/27, 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Sunday River: 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Greek Peak: 1/13, 1/14 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13, 3/5 Pico: 12/19, 2/28 Mohawk: 12/27 Burke: 1/1 Ragged: 1/2 Wildcat: 1/6 Cannon: 1/7 Jay Peak: 1/23 Mad River Glen: 1/24 Magic: 2/14
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    BG I haven't seen any mountain say they WON'T allow up to full-capacity of chairs or cabins with members all of the same group.
    Neither have I, and I suspect you wont unless someone like a Fauci or a Gottlieb or some other medical expert gives it some negative publicity, which I doubt will happen. Gondy cabins seem pretty esoteric to me for people drinking from a firehouse.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  5. #785
    Dr Altas will hopefully have some influence on these protocols.

    When 'Chairman Fauci' says 90% of Americans are still at risk it is not helpful.

    CDC Survival Rates ( if you actually contract it)
    0-19 - 99.997%
    20-49 - 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

    Let people decide for themselves if they want to take the risk.

    Whats the % on hitting a tree or getting in an accident on way to or from resorts?

    We can eliminate all risk of death on roads if speed limit is 5 MPH . .

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
    Dr Altas will hopefully have some influence on these protocols.

    When 'Chairman Fauci' says 90% of Americans are still at risk it is not helpful.

    CDC Survival Rates ( if you actually contract it)
    0-19 - 99.997%
    20-49 - 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

    Let people decide for themselves if they want to take the risk.

    Whats the % on hitting a tree or getting in an accident on way to or from resorts?

    We can eliminate all risk of death on roads if speed limit is 5 MPH . .
    I met Scott Atlas, 29 years ago during my residency.
    He was a complete idiot then and an even bigger idiot now !!!

  7. #787
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,335

    Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

    Quote Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
    Let people decide for themselves if they want to take the risk.
    Don’t think Fauci is stopping anybody from deciding this.

    Last edited by Edd; Sep 26, 2020 at 1:18 PM.

  8. #788
    Newpylong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upper Valley, NH
    Posts
    3,230
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
    Dr Altas will hopefully have some influence on these protocols.

    When 'Chairman Fauci' says 90% of Americans are still at risk it is not helpful.

    CDC Survival Rates ( if you actually contract it)
    0-19 - 99.997%
    20-49 - 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

    Let people decide for themselves if they want to take the risk.

    Whats the % on hitting a tree or getting in an accident on way to or from resorts?

    We can eliminate all risk of death on roads if speed limit is 5 MPH . .
    Hopefully he won't, because he's a nitwit that no one takes seriously.

    The driving comparisons are nonsensical.

    The problem is covid is killing people that are only being exposed to it by other clowns not taking any precautions. Yeah, that's the number on the bottom. Or do they not matter?

  9. #789

    Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    The problem is covid is killing people that are only being exposed to it by other clowns not taking any precautions. Yeah, that's the number on the bottom. Or do they not matter?
    So the father of a friend of mine in Alabama died of a heart attack - his death certificate had the cause of death as COVID. I have heard of other cases like this. That led me to look into the following (2017 numbers)



    Of the 200k deaths due to COVID how many of the above got included - I would be will to bet a lot did.

    Heck even in the nursing home where my mother is (many are end of life and non functioning in any way) 5 died of COVID but were near death to begin with. Not trying to sound cold but even influenza might have created the same result or months late natural causes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  10. #790
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,503
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    So the father of a friend of mine in Alabama died of a heart attack - his death certificate had the cause of death as COVID. I have heard of other cases like this. That led me to look into the following (2017 numbers)



    Of the 200k deaths due to COVID how many of the above got included - I would be will to bet a lot did.

    Heck even in the nursing home where my mother is (many are end of life and non functioning in any way) 5 died of COVID but were near death to begin with. Not trying to sound cold but even influenza might have created the same result or months late natural causes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need to see where the other deaths rank this year so if the heart attack (or others) numbers are way down then we can discuss the mid information


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 9 guests)

  1. JimG.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.