Ski Resort Response to COVID-19 - Page 113

AlpineZone

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,125 of 1125
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Pass sales may be up because many places have pass holder priority or pass holder require no reservations. Otherwise, lift tickets have to be purchased at least 2 days in advance to some places requiring up to two weeks in advance and online only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This!

Skiers who depend on day passes are going to have a tough time this coming season. A big reason the Indy pass is so popular.

I like vails response...we still feel we will be able to accommodate EVERYONE who wants to ski...
    ok...so they feel the reservation system will not affect numbers..we shall see.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    In vt/nh, how many are requiring reservations? The only ones Ive heard so far are Killington and Loon. Are there others?

If there are, fantastic. But if not, my point stands - there is a tremendous amount of anecdotal evidence that pass sales (in general) are through the roof, which reflects an overwhelming desire to get outdoors. I hope that the lack of facilities - and irrational fear of covid - will help keep the crowds at bay, but all in all Im bracing myself for stupidly long line lift lines, and, consequently, less runs and less skiing.
    Killington does not require reservation's to ski, only to park.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    This!

Skiers who depend on day passes are going to have a tough time this coming season. A big reason the Indy pass is so popular.
    From what I have seen, Indy Pass holders are treated more like day pass purchasers than season pass holders. For example, at Magic, no reservations are required for their own Season Pass holders, but (quoting from their site)

Indy Pass Holders are required to make a free reservation online on our website ticket page in advance as inventory will be limited, similar to ticket buyers. Once reserved, Indy Pass Holders can pick up their tickets at the outside season pass holder ticket window near lodge entrance on slope-side. Only arrive at Magic if you have a confirmed reservation online.

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    In vt/nh, how many are requiring reservations? The only ones Ive heard so far are Killington and Loon. Are there others?

If there are, fantastic. But if not, my point stands - there is a tremendous amount of anecdotal evidence that pass sales (in general) are through the roof, which reflects an overwhelming desire to get outdoors. I hope that the lack of facilities - and irrational fear of covid - will help keep the crowds at bay, but all in all Im bracing myself for stupidly long line lift lines, and, consequently, less runs and less skiing.
    Magic has stated they my use a reservation system but likely you can count the number of days on one hand, maybe a couple of fingers from the other hand.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information