Ski Resort Response to COVID-19 - Page 81

AlpineZone

Page 81 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Gonna be a tough season for those of us with little ones that's for sure. But what can you do. I'll be happy to be skiing.
    This would solve everyones issue

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 8.02.46 PM.png

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    This would solve everyones issue

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 8.02.46 PM.png
    That would be tough in the snow...

Probably kill more people off than Covid
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Booting up at the car is really going to suck at areas with big parking lots and no shuttle. I have a ton of $$$ into my boots and dread the thought of waking through mud or frozen rock covered parking lot, but at least we will be skiing.
    I guess it's time to start looking for a sole protectors, any recommendation on which ones to get?

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    Booting up at the car is really going to suck at areas with big parking lots and no shuttle. I have a ton of $$$ into my boots and dread the thought of waking through mud or frozen rock covered parking lot, but at least we will be skiing.
    I guess it's time to start looking for a sole protectors, any recommendation on which ones to get?
    I've never bought these before, so I have no idea which ones are actually good. But, these are somewhat prevalent out west at places like Whistler where people boot up in a parking garage and walk through the village to the gondi.

https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-SkiTr...39433729&psc=1

Ski season is always too short

I saw those, kind of Strange the way they a sized like shoes, make me wonder how well the fit ski boots.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    I've never bought these before, so I have no idea which ones are actually good. But, these are somewhat prevalent out west at places like Whistler where people boot up in a parking garage and walk through the village to the gondi.

https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-SkiTr...39433729&psc=1
    I don't use those exact ones (I use these - https://www.rei.com/product/435109/seirus-cat-tracks), but the general concept is the same. I've been using them for quite a few years now as I have always either booted up in the parking lot or at my condo if I took the shuttle bus. Not only do they protect the soles of your boots, but it is also much easier to walk in them. They improve traction too, but I'd still recommend being careful and trying to avoid any really slick spots.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    I saw those, kind of Strange the way they a sized like shoes, make me wonder how well the fit ski boots.
    On one of the pictures there is mondo sizing.

Never used them but probably should because the heal and toe material get pretty worn.

I wonder how well they fit is a pocket? Which begs another question! Will we be seeing more back packs since nothing can be left in the lodge? Will there be more trash under the chair lifts because people will be eating and drinking on the fly?

What other residual effects or actions will arise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Booting up in the lot at Stowe..when its 20 below..that will be fun...maybe I should get a full truck bed top and put a heater in it...hmmm.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

I've used Cat tracks for more than a decade. if you are in between sizes get a smaller size and stretch it.

they work great and really aren't that much of a hassle to take off/put on.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Time to start making a list of things to buy to make it easier to boot up at the car and to tailgate afterwards.
    Sole Protectors
    chair
    mat
    Vodka
    soda
    Vodka
    ice
    small grill

Thread Information