• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hiccups

thebigo

I have not stepped foot outside my town of 5k folk for 17 days now

Bullshit at the mass plates showing up everyday down my street - STAY THE FUCK HOME

thebigo

I have admittedly had too much to drink but I hiked with my girls in our backyard today and there were more mass plate than nh plates at the trail head. All the while the old lady is pulling in 12 hr days.

Last edited:

thebigo

If you do not live in Maine, new Hampshire or vermont than stay the fuck home - many in our families work in healthcare- our neighbors need their care

jimmywilson69

I fully agree with this thread! All of it! the local hiking, the drunken rambling, and the request for people to stay home!

Ok I guess I don't get on board with the hiccups, but who really likes them anyways! :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
If there is indeed a request for resolving actual hiccups, in my many years of bartending, this proved to be the most reliable cure for my patrons.

Make like David Hasslehoff in Night Rider and make guns with both bands. Push your index fingers into both sides of your nose to cut off the air passage and use your thumbs to plug your ears. You will feel like you are under water. Do that and simultaneously sip water out of a glass slowly through a straw. After 30 seconds to a minute or so the pressure in your chest will reset and the hiccups go away. Worked 99% of the time.

Cheers

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Similar but not as awkward: get a glass of water. Suck in as much air as you think you can. Don’t let out any airThen take a sip of water and a suck in a little more air. Don’t let any air out. And repeat sipping water and breathing in 10 times

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

Is it weird that I seem to rarely get hiccups any more?

Hawk

Hiccups are caused from your natural swallowing mechanism being disrupted for some unknown reason. The best proven way to resolve this is to take deep breaths in and out. After about 10 or so deep breaths in and out do a swallow. Repeat until they go away. Do not get frustrated. It may take 4 or 5 intervals.

EPB

I was not aware of this exception to social distancing guidelines.
Haha. I thought this was worded funny, too. I get the sentiment not wanting out of staters, but it would certainly behoove northern New England residents to bunker down like the rest of us.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

Domeskier

Haha. I thought this was worded funny, too. I get the sentiment not wanting out of staters, but it would certainly behoove northern New England residents to bunker down like the rest of us.

Yeah, if they're driving to recreation they're not doing it right.

Hawk

I was not aware of this exception to social distancing guidelines.

The post that Domeskier is referring to makes me so want to go to NH and take a big dump on the ground. GFY!

Also and even more so, I am so pissed off at all those Fucking NH plates still coming down 93 to work in Boston. Stay the the fuck home!

Smellytele

The post that Domeskier is referring to makes me so want to go to NH and take a big dump on the ground. GFY!

Also and even more so, I am so pissed off at all those Fucking NH plates still coming down 93 to work in Boston. Stay the the fuck home!

Maybe they are health care workers treating you fucking massholes!

Hawk

Maybe they are health care workers treating you fucking massholes!

I'm just trolling the guy that singled out the"Massholes". I think there is enough evidence on here that suggests that where you live does not preclude you from being an idiot. I just hate the term Massholes. The people I know here are some of the kindest most giving people anywhere.

Smellytele

I'm just trolling the guy that singled out the"Massholes". I think there is enough evidence on here that suggests that where you live does not preclude you from being an idiot. I just hate the term Massholes. The people I know here are some of the kindest most giving people anywhere.

Why did you just single out nh to shit on when he said Maine and Vt also in the original post you responded to?

So you were trolling the drunk bigo?