• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If you could be skiing anywhere in the world today, where would you ski.

granite

For me-I think Zermatt, Switzerland. One of the best ski trips I ever had. Will never forget Riding lifts up by the Matterhorn and then skiing down into Cervinia, Italy for lunch.

Domeskier

I would be skiing t-bar-serviced spring hero bumps at my private resort somewhere in the vicinity of Oakland, NJ. Or maybe at Xanadu.

Terry

We had planned on a long weekend to Jay this weekend. Our friends bought a place there and were going to check it out.

jaytrem

I'm supposed to be in Cali right now. Was hoping for some late snow so that I could pick up Mt Waterman. It's small but I'll go with that.

Cornhead

Supposed to be leaving for CO tomorrow. The plan was to checkout places on the Freedom Pass, Purgatory, Sunlight, Hesperus, and Cooper. It really sucked losing two and a half months of skiing. The season was less than memorable prior to the shut down.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I'm supposed to be towards the end of a 9-day trip skiing mostly Smuggler's Notch & Jay Peak. Dont know how the conditions would have been, probably spring'ish.

tumbler

Would be doing the usual Friday drive up to Sugarbush right now for another fun weekend.

Zermatt

For me-I think Zermatt, Switzerland. One of the best ski trips I ever had. Will never forget Riding lifts up by the Matterhorn and then skiing down into Cervinia, Italy for lunch.
Yep, but absolutely the worst snow quality in the world too. Place is amazing and we skied there for 4 years in a row and finally gave up this year (low snow, too crowded during our breaks).

Went to Revelstoke instead this year, it was amazing.

2Planker

It would be hard to beat our 10 days in Chamonix. We skied 7 places in 3 countries, under stellar early March conditions. Breakfast & Dinner included at hotel was phenominal !

jimk

Alright, sorry but this thread title is just asking for this:
Alta, me, yesterday :cool:
skinning jim action.jpg

kingslug

Can you better define that for those who've never been?

As a N.A. skier, I consider Whiteface the worst snow quality in my world.

Europe is hit..or miss. I've hit more often than not including Zermatt. It snowed for 2 days straight and we skied powder for 6 days. Untouched a lot of the time as people stuck to the trails. A huge avalanche that almost killed some of our group was probably the reason for this. So for me its not the worst snow quality in the world but it could be a low season...but the food will be good.

Zand

I would've been in Utah in 72 hours so I guess that would be a good answer for me.

granite

Another dream ski trip of a lifetime for me would be 2 or 3 days skiing at Chamonix. Then the 7 day back country tour on the Haute Route from Chamonix to Zermatt.