Newmarket NH

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newmarket NH

Newmarket NH

Best I can conclude edd and DHS live there - what are the best places to eat? We live a bit up the road but grow tired of exeter and epping, what's the deal in newmarket?

The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Newmarket NH

We lost The Joinery permanently when the restaurant shutdowns started. That was an upscale southern cuisine joint. I wouldíve recommended their brunch highly.

La Catrina (Mexican) has pretty good food and margaritas.

The Oak House is a hipster restaurant/pub. Pretty good food. Limited, but decent, brunch menu with $5 bloody mary and mimosa pints last I knew.

I personally like Basil Leaf, the Thai place, but Iím no Thai food expert. Same goes for Kume Bistro, the sushi place.

Panzenellas is a pizza joint/sports bar that does a hell of a business. Good pizza, but I donít care for the atmosphere. Many do, though.

My favorite is Riverworks, a bar/restaurant. Small, in an ancient building. The atmosphere and food is right up my alley. I like the staff there the best. High turnover in recent years, but thereís usually a couple of great people in the mix.

Also, thereís the Stone Church for decent pub food and life music if thatís your thing. Highly recommend as a music venue.

The rest arenít worth mentioning as sit down places. DHS is much more food knowledgeable than I so his takes may differ.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

I pretty much agree with Edd's reviews. With a 5 year old and 16 month old we might have five nights a year where we get out for a sit down meal and usually hit a couple of places. Drinks and apps one place, entrees somewhere else. That's the nice thing about Newmarket. With everything located walking distance from each other, you can just park your car and stroll around for the evening.

Thai Basil is indeed as good of Thai as you'll find anywhere. Their pan fried dumplings are house made and crazy good.

WingItz has some tasty wings and a nice bar for watching a game.

On the breakfast side of things, Big Bean is great for sit-down. Very busy though with long waits on weekends. Brown's makes great bagels and breakfast sandwiches. Horseshoe Cafe is nationally recognized for their house roasted coffee.

As mentioned we don't get out much, but do grab takeout a couple of times a week. Johnny Boston's would be our favorite for that. Love almost everything on his menu.

If you're asking because you wish to visit now, the options continue to dwindle. Lost another place last night in Gepettos Pizza. Sad for them, but I haven't ate there in years. It's the one place in town we just really don't enjoy.

So, what's left is:

Big Bean and Browns for breakfast takeout.

Wing Itz , Panzanella and Thai Basil for lunch / dinner take out.

Schedules seem to change daily, so call ahead

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Oof, forgot to mention The Big Bean (slaps forehead). As DHS indicated, itís great. I never go because itís crowded and they donít do booze. Iím trying takeout there today; excited because I havenít had their food for at least a year.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Newmarket is great. I need to do the same as you and check things out over there. I lived there in the 90s for a bit but everything is different now...probably for the better.

Bigo going in the other direction do you ever go to Johnson's? I like the food and the new brewery on site makes great beer

I can't imagine I'm the only one who finds it ironic that the guy who's preaching "anything to save a life" is taking stay at home guidance as an opportunity to venture into a new community.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    I can't imagine I'm the only one who finds it ironic that the guy who's preaching "anything to save a life" is taking stay at home guidance as an opportunity to venture into a new community.

It would be funny if this shit wasn't killing people. How hard is it to stay in your neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    It would be funny if this shit wasn't killing people. How hard is it to stay in your neighborhood?
    It's certainly not fun, but if you're understandably worried about your spouse getting the virus (MAJOR kudos to her, by the way), it would be prudent to shorten your radius rather than lengthen it.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post

I'm pretty sure he is sitting at home bored wondering about some new places to check out when this is over...

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is sitting at home bored wondering about some new places to check out when this is over...
    I read it as he's sick of limited options in Epping/Exeter now and is looking for other takeout options. It's certainly possible that I misinterpreted.

Thread Information