Alterra Furloughs Employees and Postpones Some of its Lift Projects Slated for 2020

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Alterra Furloughs Employees and Postpones Some of its Lift Projects Slated for 2020

https://liftblog.com/2020/04/06/alte...-construction/

Live, Ski, or Die!

Being a Sugarbush homer, this really bums me out for the year round staff. I hope some still are working so they can get paid. Reminds of the end of ASC days when we had bare bones staff and had to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Being a Sugarbush homer, this really bums me out for the year round staff. I hope some still are working so they can get paid. Reminds of the end of ASC days when we had bare bones staff and had to do the same.
    Except for the macro economics surrounding the two periods...

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

As expected. The only rational decision in a period of economic uncertainty.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Ironically Sugarbush would have qualified for the Small Business assistance in the CARES act. Alterra too big. Hopefully the enhanced unemployment benefits allow folks to survive the gap until things can restart, which hopefully is by summer.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    As expected. The only rational decision in a period of economic uncertainty.
    If you read it closely, they say that Mammoth's projects are delayed. They may be moving ahead with others.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I was impressed with how they are keeping benefits active for now.

Have 25 employees who are in some cases making more $$ with the $600 federal check in addition to the UI they are all eligible for.

I would assume the same for Bush employees.

Approx. 20% of our team are part time and are still collecting both checks.

In Vermont, if you make $53,000 a year or less you are as well, or better off, on unemployment. This is even more true for our employees because we are paying 100% of their health insurance premium while they are on furlough.

Low wage earners are actually doing VERY well on unemployment.

Of course there are delays getting the money flowing. Vermont has had 70,000 applications in a state of 630,000 (many of whom are not working age).

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    If you read it closely, they say that Mammoth's projects are delayed. They may be moving ahead with others.
    I'd be willing to bet more delays (and possible cancellations announced as delays) are coming; liquidity is crucial right now.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information