Alterra Furloughs Employees and Postpones Some of its Lift Projects Slated for 2020 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Mods watching.

It seems like some people just can't help themselves.
    Nothing seemed political there just plain facts. Why go back to work until you have to if you will be making less? Nothing left or right about that just smart personal economics.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Nothing seemed political there just plain facts. Why go back to work until you have to if you will be making less? Nothing left or right about that just smart personal economics.

Living on the dole, as some would call it, can get political fast. Pretty obvious, really.

Back on topic.

Alterra was in the initial bid process for Jay. I wonder if they pulled out.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

My guess is Saddleback needs to move forward on their lift install seeing as they cut and dropped all the Rangely double towers!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Back on topic.

Alterra was in the initial bid process for Jay. I wonder if they pulled out.
    I was told they passed. I have no clue what this all means for Jay Peak's sale, but I would assume that the number of potential buyers has gone down very significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    I was told they passed. I have no clue what this all means for Jay Peak's sale, but I would assume that the number of potential buyers has gone down very significantly.
    Unfortunately I agree

Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickc View Post
    My guess is Saddleback needs to move forward on their lift install seeing as they cut and dropped all the Rangely double towers!
    They were going to have to do that no matter what if they wanted to open for 20-21. Rangley double after sitting for 5 years without maintenance was never going to spin again. I would say that install and Timberline Mountain WV installs (a six pack anda FGQ) are likely goes since both areas are trying to re-open. Any other lift replacements/new installs are questionable if for no other reason than concern construction may not progress smoothly this year. Snowmass says they are continuing witht the Big Burn Chair replacement, they could manage without that lift if they had to, that terrain is accessible by other lifts and it is an upper mountain lift so not as critical. Time will tell if they follow through, but for the Crown's, doubt $$ is a major factor.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    They were going to have to do that no matter what if they wanted to open for 20-21. Rangley double after sitting for 5 years without maintenance was never going to spin again. I would say that install and Timberline Mountain WV installs (a six pack anda FGQ) are likely goes since both areas are trying to re-open. Any other lift replacements/new installs are questionable if for no other reason than concern construction may not progress smoothly this year. Snowmass says they are continuing witht the Big Burn Chair replacement, they could manage without that lift if they had to, that terrain is accessible by other lifts and it is an upper mountain lift so not as critical. Time will tell if they follow through, but for the Crown's, doubt $$ is a major factor.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    There were pics online of them starting to prepare to remove Big Burn.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    There were pics online of them starting to prepare to remove Big Burn.
    Saw those, too. To machski's point, that terrain can be accessed in the event that Big Burn can't get completed this summer, which de-risks the move from an operational perspective. I'd imagine if things are so bad the lift can't get finished, skier volume/expectations will be way down anyway.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Just keeping Scotty happy.

Thread Information