• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already?

jimmywilson69

Granted I didn't read that part (the Peak pass part) very closely, but the chatter among some of my ski friends, who didn't switch from Peak to Epic last year, in a big group text about 20 of us have, was that those of us who bought Epic's will be seeing our email notification with our exact discount amount by 5/13 and those who had Peak passes last year will be getting their notification by 5/21 and we all have until Labor Day to purchase with no loss of benefits/discounts

that could certainly be the case now that you say it like that. I forgot there were a lot of people who had peak passes and didn't have to upgrade.

cdskier

The Windham clientele will not like being IKONic.

Very true. Although on the flip side, many Ikon passholders would probably have no interest in skiing Windham. So I don't think they need to be overly concerned about much of an "Ikon effect".

BenedictGomez

Except they get an Ikon base as part of their high season pass price now. And they are only a partner resort, so only 5 blackout or 7 unrestricted days for base/full Ikon passholders.

I guess it's not a disaster for them then. Especially since I'm guessing many regional IKON holders will have no desire to ski Windham.

slatham

Debating IKON and yes, technically adding Windham is a plus for me simply because it adds a "free" day trip area which otherwise isn't available. Its also an area I've never skied, which is of interest even though, obviously, the mountain has yet to compel me to ski it (with one small exception of a brief night skiing visit on my way to a Plattekill powder day the next day).

One drawback to the Ikon offering to "defer" the 20/21 season pass to 21/22 - its actually a credit toward purchase. Thus if the 21/22 pass costs more, you have to pay up (but no credit if it goes down). If it were truly a deferral and I could just not use it in 21/22 and instead of 20/21, with no up charge, it would be a no brainer.

Zermatt

Bought an Ikon pass this week.

Why?

Absolutely no rush waiting until the deadline in late May. None. Get to keep your money longer, Price is the same. Can get 4 more weeks of data and clarity about how this will all pay out.

skiur

Why?

Absolutely no rush waiting until the deadline in late May. None. Get to keep your money longer, Price is the same. Can get 4 more weeks of data and clarity about how this will all pay out.

Agreed, also, why let Ikon make interest on your money while you can?

cdskier

The interview a guy who skied 4 times this year? They couldn’t find anyone else?

First thing that entered my mind too. They probably did "find" others...but they didn't fit the story they were trying to tell.

I thought that was weird too. I mean he is in SLC. You only have to drive like 20 miles to ski.

Seriously...if you live 20 miles from some major ski areas and have only skied 4 times by mid-March, I really can't blame the ski resorts for that.

thetrailboss

Staff member
First thing that entered my mind too. They probably did "find" others...but they didn't fit the story they were trying to tell.

Seriously...if you live 20 miles from some major ski areas and have only skied 4 times by mid-March, I really can't blame the ski resorts for that.

I think one would be surprised just how many folks who have this pass and have skied less than 5 days. In fact, they bank on folks buying it and not using it. Unfortunately, the downside being these folks are the first to complain.

p_levert

Why?

Sure, all logical and I am following this plan. OTOH, $600 isn't really that much and there's a case to be made for ending the indecision. If you fly to go skiing and the season gets cancelled, you will probably end up *saving* money, because of expenses not incurred. So WoodCore's decision also makes sense.

dblskifanatic

One day they pull the rug out from under you and you have nothing! Well that is not of the resorts doing. I think they are attempting to put forward options which I think is great. The fact that this guy chooses to ski four times by mid March is not on the resorts, that is on him! In addition, maybe this is a case where someone is being cheap. Any of the mega passes offer a ton of skiing/snowboarding and experiences to travel for a decent price and multiple offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

The fact that this guy chooses to ski four times by mid March is not on the resorts, that is on him!

Kind of like someone that buys a monthly gym membership and rarely goes but then now with the gym closed is first in line looking for money back saying "I swear I was going to go every day the rest of this month if you hadn't closed!"