• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already?

machski

The Governor of Illinois has just told organizers of summer festivals that they should cancel. (He said it a little more artfully, but his message was clear.)

This lockdown will not end instantly. Large gatherings are going to be prohibited for quite some time.

The ski season will depend on how bad the second and third waves are in the fall and winter. My money is on a ski season happening, but it is not a sure thing.
Why do people seemt o think a second wave will wait til the fall? This isn't flu, it is likely not seasonal. If there is to be a second wave, it will hit mid summer or so, about 2-3 weeks after the majority of the country tries to come out of its pandemic hibernation. It won't take until fall for round 2 to be realized.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

ski&soccermom

We normally purchase around now, and do plan to get Epic passes for next year, but are waiting on Vail to announce whether they are giving a discount to those renewing passes.

gladerider

would have bought by now but haven't.
i think i lost money on my ikon investment this year. we bought 4.

i will probably wait until things settle down. have no problem conserving cash for now. unless some people head back to work soon, i can see more people losing jobs and i can be one of them, who knows.

BenedictGomez

Why do people seemt o think a second wave will wait til the fall? This isn't flu, it is likely not seasonal.

It actually is a viral infection like a flu, and it is likely to behave with a similar strong pattern of seasonality, especially in subsequent years when populace immunity is built up. But it should demonstrate some seasonality even this year for all the typical reasons. Nobody knows of course, but it's strongly suspected.

Bandit2941

I don’t buy any pass until just before the first price increase. Basically two reasons, one I see no reason for them to hold my money as an interest free loan and two if I got hurt and couldn’t ski I wouldn’t need to fight for a refund.

This year I had orda ski3 and ikon base. Ended up using the ikon 14 days between last spring, July 4 at mammoth, and this year. So got my money’s worth there, although we should be flying home today after a week in aspen.

Next year we’re looking at getting orda ski3 and epic local. Planning on spring break in Tahoe as long as skiing is good and a mid winter trip to somewhere in CO. Plus we can go to Hunter.

thetrailboss

Staff member
On my side, I'm definite as to Brighton Night Pass, Ski Discovery (Montana) Five Pack. Likely Alta/Bird renewal.

I'm in no hurry this spring.

BenedictGomez

I don’t buy any pass until just before the first price increase. Basically two reasons, one I see no reason for them to hold my money as an interest free loan and two if I got hurt and couldn’t ski I wouldn’t need to fight for a refund.

Sage advice.

Jcb890

This year I had orda ski3 and ikon base. Ended up using the ikon 14 days between last spring, July 4 at mammoth, and this year. So got my money’s worth there, although we should be flying home today after a week in aspen.

Next year we’re looking at getting orda ski3 and epic local. Planning on spring break in Tahoe as long as skiing is good and a mid winter trip to somewhere in CO. Plus we can go to Hunter.
FYI to all - if you injure yourself and don't have the injury protection plan, you're SOL.

machski

FYI to all - if you injure yourself and don't have the injury protection plan, you're SOL.
Depends which pass and where you buy. If you get injured and can't ski, SR will usually push some or all of the value of you pass to the next season (depending when you injure yourself). So not you money back, but that is something without needing pass insurance.

Jcb890

Depends which pass and where you buy. If you get injured and can't ski, SR will usually push some or all of the value of you pass to the next season (depending when you injure yourself). So not you money back, but that is something without needing pass insurance.

That's a pretty nice perk.
I was more so speaking of the major conglomerate passes like Epic or Ikon.

medfordmike

Killington and Pico have the same policy. My spouse hurt his ankle off the slopes and missed most of the season two years ago and they offered a refund or issuing a credit for next season. Frankly I was surprised but happy about it. I would not consider Powdr a conglomerate but they at times have acted liked it....in not a good way. I agree that low to zero chance of that happening with Epic or Ikon.

Cobbold

Ikon has dropped their prices

Checked the ikon website, they have lowered the ikon pass price and the base price for renewals, ikon pass with the discounts for a renewal is 799, that’s a great price.

BenedictGomez

It's happening.

Deer Valley 2019-2020 Season Pass holders are eligible for a 20% discount on the renewal of next year’s 2020-2021 pass that will be applied at your time of purchase.

Glenn

Stratton extended their early buy prices to May 27th. Select pass price discount of up to $50 by 5/27.