• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already?

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's happening.

For Deer Valley that is a very, very significant discount. 20% can be upwards of $500 in savings. Compare that to the $50 discount offered for Stratton and you have to ask why the difference. I imagine that part of that is not due to COVID-19 but to the fact that a lot of homeowners and DV locals are downright pissed with Alterra. If you have to ask why, IKON think of a few reasons....

Cobbold

For Deer Valley that is a very, very significant discount. 20% can be upwards of $500 in savings. Compare that to the $50 discount offered for Stratton and you have to ask why the difference. I imagine that part of that is not due to COVID-19 but to the fact that a lot of homeowners and DV locals are downright pissed with Alterra. If you have to ask why, IKON think of a few reasons....

It’s weird how Alterra operates, like the vail business model better, an epic pass is an epic pass, looking at ksl capital partners website, all invested into the leisure market, they must be sucking dog water, wonder if ksl capital partners unravels in this whole big mess.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It’s weird how Alterra operates, like the vail business model better, an epic pass is an epic pass, looking at ksl capital partners website, all invested into the leisure market, they must be sucking dog water, wonder if ksl capital partners unravels in this whole big mess.

I really don't know much about KSL, except that they own Alpine Meadows/Squaw Valley and were controversial to say the least. But in Tahoe it's hard not to be controversial.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Crown has most of the power and influence over Alterra.

Naturalsnow

Magic is also offering a flexible policy:

"Although season passes, as always, remain non-refundable, Magic will provide full credit for a new 21/22 season pass if the government closes ski areas for the season before our 20/21 opening day due to COVID-19. Some partial credit toward a future season pass will be done if the season is shut down early before February 1, 2021. Therefore, your Early Bird pass investment is protected."

And this is a nice touch:

"expanded Service pass to include first responders, nurses and ER/ICU doctors in addition to military personnel in recognition of their sacrifices during the pandemic"

https://magicmtn.com/passes-cards/

slatham

Magic is also offering a flexible policy:

"Although season passes, as always, remain non-refundable, Magic will provide full credit for a new 21/22 season pass if the government closes ski areas for the season before our 20/21 opening day due to COVID-19. Some partial credit toward a future season pass will be done if the season is shut down early before February 1, 2021. Therefore, your Early Bird pass investment is protected."

And this is a nice touch:

"expanded Service pass to include first responders, nurses and ER/ICU doctors in addition to military personnel in recognition of their sacrifices during the pandemic"

https://magicmtn.com/passes-cards/

https://skiing.substack.com/p/magic-resets-northeast-season-pass?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjo4NTE1NTgwLCJwb3N0X2lkIjozNzczNzksIl8iOiJZNnZRcCIsImlhdCI6MTU4Njk2ODYwNywiZXhwIjoxNTg2OTcyMjA3LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItNzg3MSIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.8gQCkk-Z4_89HOxfcLoC-o05F6aiyb2m5x6zwTEsaUk&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share

Good article on Magic's pass plans. I'm buying now, BTW......

p_levert

Based on that article, it does sound like the Indy pass will have an expanded lineup for next season. Also, on Magic's season pass page, there's this: "A Magic season pass purchase also provides pass holders the opportunity to get an Indy Pass starting this September 1 at a special discount, just $129 ($199 without a pass) which gives two days of free skiing in 20/21 at over 60 indie ski areas around the country." That's news, as indyskipass.com currently lists 47 ski areas. I think Jamaicaman knows something.

Killingtime

Based on that article, it does sound like the Indy pass will have an expanded lineup for next season. Also, on Magic's season pass page, there's this: "A Magic season pass purchase also provides pass holders the opportunity to get an Indy Pass starting this September 1 at a special discount, just $129 ($199 without a pass) which gives two days of free skiing in 20/21 at over 60 indie ski areas around the country." That's news, as indyskipass.com currently lists 47 ski areas. I think Jamaicaman knows something.

Interesting. I got an email yesterday from the Indy Pass people asking what three Non-Vail/Alterra/Boyne/Powdr resorts I would like to see added to the pass for next year. I threw in Platty, Wachusetts and a very long shot at Windham (used to be on the Max Pass). It will be fun to see who else signed up.

slatham

Interesting. I got an email yesterday from the Indy Pass people asking what three Non-Vail/Alterra/Boyne/Powdr resorts I would like to see added to the pass for next year. I threw in Platty, Wachusetts and a very long shot at Windham (used to be on the Max Pass). It will be fun to see who else signed up.

If they add Platty I am done at $129. I've been dying to get back to Platty (almost did this year on Freedom) and Catamount (Probably would have this season if "free"). Berkshire East and Bolton on the list too.....

Killingtime

If they add Platty I am done at $129. I've been dying to get back to Platty (almost did this year on Freedom) and Catamount (Probably would have this season if "free"). Berkshire East and Bolton on the list too.....

Sold my home in Killington last year and spent this winter bouncing around on the Indy Pass. BV, BE and Magic were great. I think Bolton Valley is the most underrated resort in the East. The place was effing awesome. Yeah, Platty would be great or I'll take Bromley too. Never been there but have friends who go all the time. Two days each for $199? Its just too good to pass up.

slatham

Sold my home in Killington last year and spent this winter bouncing around on the Indy Pass. BV, BE and Magic were great. I think Bolton Valley is the most underrated resort in the East. The place was effing awesome. Yeah, Platty would be great or I'll take Bromley too. Never been there but have friends who go all the time. Two days each for $199? Its just too good to pass up.

Bromley is where we have a place and I am watching carefully what they do. Thus far nothing - no price change, extension of early sale period, inclusion in other passes, etc. And the pass price is too high given the competition. They will have to do something to stay competitive and viable. But what I do not know......

cdskier

Saw a post on Facebook from MRG that was a reminder that their early price deadline ends tonight.

xwhaler

I saw that as well. With the Freedom Pass going away for next yr perhaps some of the increased mtns are from that collection? Thinking about new would include Whaleback, Dartmouth Skiway, Plattekill, McIntyre, Lost Valley

Regardless, looks really promising. My wife is a NP so we'll definitely be looking at the Magic pass as well

Smellytele

During these uncertain times, you may feel unsure about the future and it may be difficult for you to commit to adventures still months away. We understand and want to help alleviate some of that uncertainty, should you decide to buy your pass now or later.

To welcome you to the Ikon Pass community, in addition to the many Ikon Pass benefits, we are introducing Adventure Assurance, providing flexibility for the 20/21 winter season by offering you the choice to defer your adventure to the following season, winter 21/22. This will continue to be available to you if you decide to purchase after prices go up on May 27, 2020.

What You Need to Know:

To take advantage of the lowest prices and discounts on child passes, purchase your 20/21 Ikon Pass before May 27, 2020.

Regardless of when you purchase, you can choose to defer the value of your 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass. Contact us between September 10 - December 10, 2020 to defer your pass to the following season.

There is no fee to defer your pass to winter 21/22. More details

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

elks

During these uncertain times, you may feel unsure about the future and it may be difficult for you to commit to adventures still months away. We understand and want to help alleviate some of that uncertainty, should you decide to buy your pass now or later.

To welcome you to the Ikon Pass community, in addition to the many Ikon Pass benefits, we are introducing Adventure Assurance, providing flexibility for the 20/21 winter season by offering you the choice to defer your adventure to the following season, winter 21/22. This will continue to be available to you if you decide to purchase after prices go up on May 27, 2020.

What You Need to Know:

To take advantage of the lowest prices and discounts on child passes, purchase your 20/21 Ikon Pass before May 27, 2020.

Regardless of when you purchase, you can choose to defer the value of your 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass. Contact us between September 10 - December 10, 2020 to defer your pass to the following season.

There is no fee to defer your pass to winter 21/22. More details

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Sales must be hurting dramatically for them to take this step. Smart move though.